Outbreak of hepatitis E virus infection in Darfur, Sudan: effectiveness of real-time reverse transcription-PCR analysis of dried blood spots
AffiliationNational Reference Laboratory for Hepatitis E, Hospital Val-de-Grâce, Paris, France; Epicentre, Paris, France
MetadataShow full item record
JournalJournal of Clinical Microbiology
AbstractBiological samples collected in refugee camps during an outbreak of hepatitis E were used to compare the accuracy of hepatitis E virus RNA amplification by real-time reverse transcription-PCR (RT-PCR) for sera and dried blood spots (concordance of 90.6%). Biological profiles (RT-PCR and serology) of asymptomatic individuals were also analyzed.
- Genetic heterogeneity of hepatitis E virus in Darfur, Sudan, and neighboring Chad.
- Authors: Nicand E, Armstrong GL, Enouf V, Guthmann JP, Guerin JP, Caron M, Nizou JY, Andraghetti R
- Issue date: 2005 Dec
- Comparison of real-time fluorescent RT-PCR and conventional RT-PCR for the detection of hepatitis E virus genotypes prevalent in China.
- Authors: Zhao C, Li Z, Yan B, Harrison TJ, Guo X, Zhang F, Yin J, Yan Y, Wang Y
- Issue date: 2007 Dec
- A diffuse outbreak of hepatitis E in Mie Prefecture, 2005.
- Authors: Nakano Y, Yamauchi A, Yano T, Nakayama O, Sakai H, Nagasaka Y, Itaba S, Tabata Y, Sugiyama A
- Issue date: 2006 Apr
- Comparison of real-time reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction and nested or commercial reverse transcriptase-polymerase chain reaction for the detection of hepatitis E virus particle in human serum.
- Authors: Ahn JM, Rayamajhi N, Gyun Kang S, Sang Yoo H
- Issue date: 2006 Nov
- A large outbreak of hepatitis E among a displaced population in Darfur, Sudan, 2004: the role of water treatment methods.
- Authors: Guthmann JP, Klovstad H, Boccia D, Hamid N, Pinoges L, Nizou JY, Tatay M, Diaz F, Moren A, Grais RF, Ciglenecki I, Nicand E, Guerin PJ
- Issue date: 2006 Jun 15