Correcting for Mortality Among Patients Lost to Follow Up on Antiretroviral Therapy in South Africa: A Cohort Analysis
AuthorsVan Cutsem, Gilles
AffiliationMédecins Sans Frontières, South Africa; Centre for Infectious Disease Epidemiology and Research, University of Cape Town, South Africa, Department of Health, Provincial Government of the Western Cape, South Africa
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractLoss to follow-up (LTF) challenges the reporting of antiretroviral treatment (ART) programmes, since it encompasses patients alive but lost to programme and deaths misclassified as LTF. We describe LTF before and after correction for mortality in a primary care ART programme with linkages to the national vital registration system.
- Determinants of mortality and nondeath losses from an antiretroviral treatment service in South Africa: implications for program evaluation.
- Authors: Lawn SD, Myer L, Harling G, Orrell C, Bekker LG, Wood R
- Issue date: 2006 Sep 15
- Mortality among adults transferred and lost to follow-up from antiretroviral therapy programmes in South Africa: a multicenter cohort study.
- Authors: Cornell M, Lessells R, Fox MP, Garone DB, Giddy J, Fenner L, Myer L, Boulle A, IeDEA-Southern Africa Collaboration.
- Issue date: 2014 Oct 1
- Using vital registration data to update mortality among patients lost to follow-up from ART programmes: evidence from the Themba Lethu Clinic, South Africa.
- Authors: Fox MP, Brennan A, Maskew M, MacPhail P, Sanne I
- Issue date: 2010 Apr
- High retention among HIV-infected children in Rwanda during scale-up and decentralization of HIV care and treatment programs, 2004 to 2010.
- Authors: Tene G, Lahuerta M, Teasdale C, Mugisha V, Kayonde L, Muhayimpundu R, Nyemazi JP, Vandebriel G, Nsanzimana S, Sahabo R, Twyman P, Abrams EJ
- Issue date: 2013 Aug
- Characteristics and outcomes of HIV-infected youth and young adolescents enrolled in HIV care in Kenya.
- Authors: Koech E, Teasdale CA, Wang C, Fayorsey R, Alwar T, Mukui IN, Hawken M, Abrams EJ
- Issue date: 2014 Nov 28