Nutrition outcomes of HIV-infected malnourished adults treated with ready-to-use therapeutic food in sub-Saharan Africa: a longitudinal study.
Olson, David M
AffiliationEpicentre, Médecins Sans Frontières, Paris, France. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAmong people living with HIV/AIDS, nutritional support is increasingly recognized as a critical part of the essential package of care, especially for patients in sub-Saharan Africa. The objectives of the study were to evaluate the outcomes of HIV-positive malnourished adults treated with ready-to-use therapeutic food and to identify factors associated with nutrition programme failure.
PublisherBioMed Central home
- Prevalence of malnutrition among HIV-infected children in Central and West-African HIV-care programmes supported by the Growing Up Programme in 2011: a cross-sectional study.
- Authors: Jesson J, Masson D, Adonon A, Tran C, Habarugira C, Zio R, Nicimpaye L, Desmonde S, Serurakuba G, Kwayep R, Sare E, Konate T, Nimaga A, Saina P, Kpade A, Bassuka A, Gougouyor G, Leroy V, Growing Up Working Group.
- Issue date: 2015 May 26
- Pediatric Access and Continuity of HIV Care Before the Start of Antiretroviral Therapy in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Authors: Bastard M, Poulet E, Nicolay N, Szumilin E, Balkan S, Pujades-Rodriguez M
- Issue date: 2016 Sep
- Loss to programme between HIV diagnosis and initiation of antiretroviral therapy in sub-Saharan Africa: systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Authors: Mugglin C, Estill J, Wandeler G, Bender N, Egger M, Gsponer T, Keiser O, IeDEA Southern Africa.
- Issue date: 2012 Dec
- Outcomes of the Botswana national HIV/AIDS treatment programme from 2002 to 2010: a longitudinal analysis.
- Authors: Farahani M, Vable A, Lebelonyane R, Seipone K, Anderson M, Avalos A, Chadborn T, Tilahun H, Roumis D, Moeti T, Musuka G, Busang L, Gaolathe T, Malefho KC, Marlink R
- Issue date: 2014 Jan
- Food supplementation among HIV-infected adults in Sub-Saharan Africa: impact on treatment adherence and weight gain.
- Authors: Audain KA, Zotor FB, Amuna P, Ellahi B
- Issue date: 2015 Nov