Responding to Major Burn Disasters in Resource-Limited Settings: Lessons Learned From an Oil Tanker Explosion in Nakuru, Kenya.
AffiliationFrom the Médecins Sans Frontières-Kenya (E.K., I.S., W.K., M.H., E.O.), Nairobi, Kenya; Médecins Sans Frontières-Belgium (M.T.), Medical Department, Gynecology, Anaesthesia, and Surgery Unit, Brussels, Belgium; Nakuru Provincial General Hospital (G.M.), Department of Surgery, Nakuru, Kenya; Médecins Sans Frontières - South Africa (N.P.F., K.M.C.), Medical Unit, Johannesburg, Republic of South Africa; Centre for Infectious Disease Epidemiology and Research (N.P.F.), University of Cape Town, Cape Town, Republic of South Africa; and Departments of Surgery and International Health (K.M.C.), Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland.
MetadataShow full item record
- Fire disaster following LPG tanker explosion at Chala in Kannur (Kerala, India): August 27, 2012.
- Authors: Kumar P
- Issue date: 2013 Nov
- A burn mass casualty event due to boiler room explosion on a cruise ship: preparedness and outcomes.
- Authors: Tekin A, Namias N, O'Keeffe T, Pizano L, Lynn M, Prater-Varas R, Quintana OD, Borges L, Ishii M, Lee S, Lopez P, Lessner-Eisenberg S, Alvarez A, Ellison T, Sapnas K, Lefton J, Ward CG
- Issue date: 2005 Mar
- Trauma mechanisms, patterns of injury, and outcomes in a retrospective study of 71 burns from civil gas explosions.
- Authors: Busche MN, Gohritz A, Seifert S, Herold C, Ipaktchi R, Knobloch K, Vogt PM, Rennekampff HO
- Issue date: 2010 Oct
- A population-based study of the epidemiology of acute adult burn injuries in the Calgary Health Region and factors associated with mortality and hospital length of stay from 1995 to 2004.
- Authors: Burton KR, Sharma VK, Harrop R, Lindsay R
- Issue date: 2009 Jun
- ED handles 30 burn patients after plant fire and explosion in Georgia.
- Issue date: 2008 Apr