Cholera Epidemic in Guinea-Bissau (2008): The Importance of "Place"
AuthorsLuquero, Francisco J
Banga, Cunhate Na
Palma, Pedro Pablo
Grais, Rebeca F
AffiliationEpicentre, Paris, France; European Programme for Intervention Epidemiology Training (EPIET), European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC), Stockholm, Sweden; Department of Epidemiology, Ministry of Health, Bissau, Guinea-Bissau; Medicos Sin Fronteras, Barcelona, Spain
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAs resources are limited when responding to cholera outbreaks, knowledge about where to orient interventions is crucial. We describe the cholera epidemic affecting Guinea-Bissau in 2008 focusing on the geographical spread in order to guide prevention and control activities.
- Epidemic cholera in Guinea-Bissau: the challenge of preventing deaths in rural West Africa.
- Authors: Gunnlaugsson G, Angulo FJ, Einarsdóttir J, Passa A, Tauxe RV
- Issue date: 2000
- Urban cholera transmission hotspots and their implications for reactive vaccination: evidence from Bissau city, Guinea bissau.
- Authors: Azman AS, Luquero FJ, Rodrigues A, Palma PP, Grais RF, Banga CN, Grenfell BT, Lessler J
- Issue date: 2012
- Breast milk reduces the risk of illness in children of mothers with cholera: observations from an epidemic of cholera in Guinea-Bissau.
- Authors: Qureshi K, Mølbak K, Sandström A, Kofoed PE, Rodrigues A, Dias F, Aaby P, Svennerholm AM
- Issue date: 2006 Dec
- Protection from cholera by adding lime juice to food - results from community and laboratory studies in Guinea-Bissau, West Africa.
- Authors: Rodrigues A, Sandström A, Cá T, Steinsland H, Jensen H, Aaby P
- Issue date: 2000 Jun
- Water bags as a potential vehicle for transmitting disease in a West African capital, Bissau.
- Authors: Bordalo AA, Machado A
- Issue date: 2015 Jan