Reduced tuberculosis case notification associated with scaling up antiretroviral treatment in rural Malawi.
Van den Akker, T
Harries, A D
AffiliationMédecins Sans Frontières (MSF), Medical Department (Operational Research), MSF-Luxembourg, Brussels Operational Centre, Luxembourg. email@example.com
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTo report on the trends in new and recurrent tuberculosis (TB) case notifications in a rural district of Malawi that has embarked on large-scale roll-out of antiretroviral treatment (ART).
- Can we get more HIV-positive tuberculosis patients on antiretroviral treatment in a rural district of Malawi?
- Authors: Zachariah R, Teck R, Ascurra O, Gomani P, Manzi M, Humblet P, Nunn P, Salaniponi FM, Harries AD
- Issue date: 2005 Mar
- The clinical burden of tuberculosis among human immunodeficiency virus-infected children in Western Kenya and the impact of combination antiretroviral treatment.
- Authors: Braitstein P, Nyandiko W, Vreeman R, Wools-Kaloustian K, Sang E, Musick B, Sidle J, Yiannoutsos C, Ayaya S, Carter EJ
- Issue date: 2009 Jul
- Acceptance of anti-retroviral therapy among patients infected with HIV and tuberculosis in rural Malawi is low and associated with cost of transport.
- Authors: Zachariah R, Harries AD, Manzi M, Gomani P, Teck R, Phillips M, Firmenich P
- Issue date: 2006 Dec 27
- Reasons for accepting or refusing HIV services among tuberculosis patients at a TB-HIV integration clinic in Malawi.
- Authors: Kumwenda M, Tom S, Chan AK, Mwinjiwa E, Sodhi S, Joshua M, van Lettow M
- Issue date: 2011 Dec
- Outcomes of HIV-infected children with tuberculosis who are started on antiretroviral therapy in Malawi.
- Authors: Bong CN, Chen SC, Jong YJ, Tok TS, Hsu CF, Schouten EJ, Makombe SD, Yu JK, Harries AD
- Issue date: 2007 May