Evaluation of combined LED-fluorescence microscopy and bleach sedimentation for diagnosis of tuberculosis at peripheral health service level.
AffiliationEpicentre, Paris, France. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractSputum microscopy is the only diagnostic for tuberculosis (TB) available at peripheral levels of health service in resource-poor countries. Its sensitivity is reduced in high HIV-prevalence settings. Sodium hypochlorite (NaOCl) specimen sedimentation prior microscopy and light-emitting diode (LED)-fluorescence microscopy (FM) can individually improve performance of microscopy. This study aimed to evaluate the performance of combined LED-FM and NaOCl sputum sedimentation for TB detection at peripheral level of health services.
- Performance of LED-based fluorescence microscopy to diagnose tuberculosis in a peripheral health centre in Nairobi.
- Authors: Bonnet M, Gagnidze L, Githui W, Guérin PJ, Bonte L, Varaine F, Ramsay A
- Issue date: 2011 Feb 18
- Light-emitting diode with various sputum smear preparation techniques to diagnose tuberculosis.
- Authors: Habtamu M, van den Boogaard J, Ndaro A, Buretta R, Irongo CF, Lega DA, Nyombi BM, Kibiki GS
- Issue date: 2012
- Direct microscopy versus sputum cytology analysis and bleach sedimentation for diagnosis of tuberculosis: a prospective diagnostic study.
- Authors: Hepple P, Nguele P, Greig J, Bonnet M, Sizaire V
- Issue date: 2010 Sep 21
- Operational implementation of LED fluorescence microscopy in screening tuberculosis suspects in an urban HIV clinic in Uganda.
- Authors: Albert H, Nakiyingi L, Sempa J, Mbabazi O, Mukkada S, Nyesiga B, Perkins MD, Manabe YC
- Issue date: 2013
- LED fluorescence microscopy for the diagnosis of pulmonary tuberculosis: a multi-country cross-sectional evaluation.
- Authors: Cuevas LE, Al-Sonboli N, Lawson L, Yassin MA, Arbide I, Al-Aghbari N, Sherchand JB, Al-Absi A, Emenyonu EN, Merid Y, Okobi MI, Onuoha JO, Aschalew M, Aseffa A, Harper G, de Cuevas RM, Theobald SJ, Nathanson CM, Joly J, Faragher B, Squire SB, Ramsay A
- Issue date: 2011 Jul