Accuracy of five algorithms to diagnose gambiense human African trypanosomiasis.
AffiliationLondon School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, United Kingdom. Francesco.firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
JournalPLoS Neglected Tropical Diseases
AbstractAlgorithms to diagnose gambiense human African trypanosomiasis (HAT, sleeping sickness) are often complex due to the unsatisfactory sensitivity and/or specificity of available tests, and typically include a screening (serological), confirmation (parasitological) and staging component. There is insufficient evidence on the relative accuracy of these algorithms. This paper presents estimates of the accuracy of five algorithms used by past Médecins Sans Frontières programmes in the Republic of Congo, Southern Sudan and Uganda.
- Phase II evaluation of sensitivity and specificity of PCR and NASBA followed by oligochromatography for diagnosis of human African trypanosomiasis in clinical samples from D.R. Congo and Uganda.
- Authors: Matovu E, Mugasa CM, Ekangu RA, Deborggraeve S, Lubega GW, Laurent T, Schoone GJ, Schallig HD, Büscher P
- Issue date: 2010 Jul 6
- Prospective evaluation of a rapid diagnostic test for Trypanosoma brucei gambiense infection developed using recombinant antigens.
- Authors: Lumbala C, Biéler S, Kayembe S, Makabuza J, Ongarello S, Ndung'u JM
- Issue date: 2018 Mar
- Field evaluation of the CATT/Trypanosoma brucei gambiense on blood-impregnated filter papers for diagnosis of human African trypanosomiasis in southern Sudan.
- Authors: Chappuis F, Pittet A, Bovier PA, Adams K, Godineau V, Hwang SY, Magnus E, Büscher P
- Issue date: 2002 Nov
- Card agglutination test for trypanosomiasis (CATT) end-dilution titer and cerebrospinal fluid cell count as predictors of human African Trypanosomiasis (Trypanosoma brucei gambiense) among serologically suspected individuals in southern Sudan.
- Authors: Chappuis F, Stivanello E, Adams K, Kidane S, Pittet A, Bovier PA
- Issue date: 2004 Sep
- Early prediction of treatment efficacy in second-stage gambiense human African trypanosomiasis.
- Authors: Priotto G, Chappuis F, Bastard M, Flevaud L, Etard JF
- Issue date: 2012