Health care seeking behavior for diarrhea in children under 5 in rural Niger: results of a cross-sectional survey.
AffiliationEpicentre, Paris, France. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
JournalBMC Public Health
AbstractDiarrhea remains the second leading cause of death in children under 5 years of age in sub-Saharan Africa. Health care seeking behavior for diarrhea varies by context and has important implications for developing appropriate care strategies and estimating burden of disease. The objective of this study was to determine the proportion of children under five with diarrhea who consulted at a health structure in order to identify the appropriate health care levels to set up surveillance of severe diarrheal diseases.
- [Infant and child morbidity and mortality due to diarrheal disease in central Africa].
- Authors: Keuzeta JJ, Merlin M, Josse R, Mouanda V, Kouka Bemba D
- Issue date: 1988 Jun
- Community-based cluster surveys on treatment preferences for diarrhoea, severe diarrhoea, and dysentery in children aged less than five years in two districts of Ghana.
- Authors: Biritwum RB, Asante A, Amoo PK, Gyekye AA, Amissah CR, Osei KG, Appiah-Poku YA, Welbeck JE
- Issue date: 2004 Jun
- Factors affecting utilization of health care services by mothers of children ill with diarrhea in rural Vietnam.
- Authors: Hong TK, Dibley MJ, Tuan T
- Issue date: 2003 Mar
- Misuse of drugs in acute diarrhoea in under-five children.
- Authors: Alam MB, Ahmed FU, Rahman ME
- Issue date: 1998 Aug
- A primary health care baseline survey in a rural district in Zambia.
- Authors: Trykker H, Simwambana A, Kantu K, Eberhard M
- Issue date: 1994 Jun