Cetyl-pyridinium chloride is useful for isolation of Mycobacterium tuberculosis from sputa subjected to long-term storage.
AffiliationDipartimento di Malattie Infettive, Parassitarie e Immunomediate, Istituto Superiore di Sanità, Viale Regina Elena 299, 00161 Rome, Italy.
MetadataShow full item record
JournalJournal of Clinical Microbiology
AbstractRecovery of Mycobacterium tuberculosis from sputa treated with cetyl-pyridinium chloride (CPC) and stored for 20 +/- 9 days was significantly higher than that from sputa that were untreated and processed by the N-acetyl-L-cisteine-NaOH method. Addition of CPC is useful for isolation of M. tuberculosis from sputa subjected to long-term storage received from remote areas of the world.
- Recovery of Mycobacterium tuberculosis from sputum treated with cetyl pyridinium chloride.
- Authors: Sankar MM, Kumar P, Munawwar A, Singh J, Parashar D, Singh S
- Issue date: 2009 Dec
- Usefulness of the BACTEC MGIT 960 system for isolation of mycobacterium tuberculosis from sputa subjected to long-term storage.
- Authors: Pardini M, Varaine F, Bonnet M, Orefici G, Oggioni MR, LONG-DRUG Study Group., Fattorini L
- Issue date: 2007 Feb
- Fate of sputum samples transported in bottles containing cetylpyridinium chloride and sodium chloride: a national reference laboratory study.
- Authors: Visalakshi P, Meharwal SK, Arora J, Bhalla M, Singh N, Myneedu VP, Behera D
- Issue date: 2012 Apr
- Transport and storage of sputum specimen by using cetylpyridinium chloride for isolation of mycobacteria.
- Authors: Pal N, Sharma B, Malhotra B, Rishi S
- Issue date: 2009 Jan-Mar
- Transportation of sputum samples in cetylpyridinium chloride for drug resistance studies from remote areas of Odisha, India.
- Authors: Das D, Dwibedi B, Kar SK
- Issue date: 2014 Aug 13