AffiliationMSF International, 37 Rue de la Tourelle, 1040 Brussels, Belgium.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTo ensure access to essential medicines for disadvantaged populations there are at least three conditions to be met: drugs prices must be affordable for poor countries; research and development of drugs for tropical diseases must take place; and there is a need for health exceptions to trade agreements.
- TRIPS, pharmaceutical patents, and access to essential medicines: a long way from Seattle to Doha.
- Authors: 't Hoen E
- Issue date: 2002 Spring
- Access to essential drugs, human rights and global justice.
- Authors: Shalev C
- Issue date: 2004 Jan
- The UNESCO Bioethics Declaration 'social responsibility' principle and cost-effectiveness price evaluations for essential medicines.
- Authors: Faunce TA
- Issue date: 2005 Jul
- Ensuring access to essential medicines: some economic considerations.
- Authors: Maskus KE
- Issue date: 2003 Jul
- Essential drugs in the new international economic environment.
- Authors: Velásquez G, Boulet P
- Issue date: 1999