Rose, A M C
Tiendrebeogo, S R M
Guerin, P J
Caugant, D A
AffiliationEpicentre, Paris, France.
MetadataShow full item record
JournalEmerging Infectious Diseases
AbstractIn 2002, the largest epidemic of Neisseria meningitidis serogroup W135 occurred in Burkina Faso. The highest attack rate was in children <5 years of age. We describe cases from 1 district and evaluate the performance of the Pastorex test, which had good sensitivity (84%) and specificity (89%) compared with culture or PCR.
- The rise and fall of epidemic Neisseria meningitidis serogroup W135 meningitis in Burkina Faso, 2002-2005.
- Authors: Traoré Y, Njanpop-Lafourcade BM, Adjogble KL, Lourd M, Yaro S, Nacro B, Drabo A, Parent du Châtelet I, Mueller JE, Taha MK, Borrow R, Nicolas P, Alonso JM, Gessner BD
- Issue date: 2006 Oct 1
- Chronicle of an outbreak foretold: meningococcal meningitis W135 in Burkina Faso.
- Authors: Decosas J, Koama JB
- Issue date: 2002 Dec
- Epidemiological patterns of meningococcal meningitis in Niger in 2003 and 2004: under the threat of N. meningitidis serogroup W135.
- Authors: Boisier P, Djibo S, Sidikou F, Mindadou H, Kairo KK, Djibo A, Goumbi K, Chanteau S
- Issue date: 2005 May
- Bacterial meningitis in Burkina Faso: surveillance using field-based polymerase chain reaction testing.
- Authors: Parent du Châtelet I, Traore Y, Gessner BD, Antignac A, Naccro B, Njanpop-Lafourcade BM, Ouedraogo MS, Tiendrebeogo SR, Varon E, Taha MK
- Issue date: 2005 Jan 1
- The establishment of Neisseria meningitidis serogroup W135 of the clonal complex ET-37/ST-11 as an epidemic clone and the persistence of serogroup A isolates in Burkina Faso.
- Authors: Njanpop-Lafourcade BM, Parent du Châtelet I, Sanou O, Alonso JM, Taha MK
- Issue date: 2005 Apr