Feasibility of a mass vaccination campaign using a two-dose oral cholera vaccine in an urban cholera-endemic setting in Mozambique.
Guerin, P J
von Seidlein, L
Wang, X Y
Clemens, J D
Chaignat, C L
AffiliationEpicentre, Paris, France. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe conducted a study to assess the feasibility and the potential vaccine coverage of a mass vaccination campaign using a two-dose oral cholera vaccine in an urban endemic neighbourhood of Beira, Mozambique. The campaign was conducted from December 2003 to January 2004. Overall 98,152 doses were administered, and vaccine coverage of the target population was 58.6% and 53.6% for the first and second rounds, respectively. The direct cost of the campaign, which excludes the price of the vaccine, amounted to slightly over 90,000 dollars, resulting in the cost per fully vaccinated person of 2.09 dollars, which is relatively high. However, in endemic settings where outbreaks are likely to occur, integrating cholera vaccination into the routine activities of the public health system could reduce such costs.
- Mass vaccination with a two-dose oral cholera vaccine in a refugee camp.
- Authors: Legros D, Paquet C, Perea W, Marty I, Mugisha NK, Royer H, Neira M, Ivanoff B
- Issue date: 1999
- Coverage and costs of mass immunization of an oral cholera vaccine in Vietnam.
- Authors: Vu DT, Hossain MM, Nguyen DS, Nguyen TH, Rao MR, Do GC, Naficy A, Nguyen TK, Acosta CJ, Deen JL, Clemens JD, Dang DT
- Issue date: 2003 Dec
- Effectiveness of mass oral cholera vaccination in Beira, Mozambique.
- Authors: Lucas ME, Deen JL, von Seidlein L, Wang XY, Ampuero J, Puri M, Ali M, Ansaruzzaman M, Amos J, Macuamule A, Cavailler P, Guerin PJ, Mahoudeau C, Kahozi-Sangwa P, Chaignat CL, Barreto A, Songane FF, Clemens JD
- Issue date: 2005 Feb 24
- Cost-effectiveness of oral cholera vaccine in a stable refugee population at risk for epidemic cholera and in a population with endemic cholera.
- Authors: Murray J, McFarland DA, Waldman RJ
- Issue date: 1998
- Mass vaccination with a new, less expensive oral cholera vaccine using public health infrastructure in India: the Odisha model.
- Authors: Kar SK, Sah B, Patnaik B, Kim YH, Kerketta AS, Shin S, Rath SB, Ali M, Mogasale V, Khuntia HK, Bhattachan A, You YA, Puri MK, Lopez AL, Maskery B, Nair GB, Clemens JD, Wierzba TF
- Issue date: 2014 Feb