Ambulatory Multi-Drug Resistant Tuberculosis Treatment Outcomes in a Cohort of HIV-Infected Patients in a Slum Setting in Mumbai, India.
Cox, H S
Da Silva, E
Migliori, G B
AffiliationMédecins Sans Frontières, Mumbai, India.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIndia carries one quarter of the global burden of multi-drug resistant TB (MDR-TB) and has an estimated 2.5 million people living with HIV. Despite this reality, provision of treatment for MDR-TB is extremely limited, particularly for HIV-infected individuals. Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) has been treating HIV-infected MDR-TB patients in Mumbai since May 2007. This is the first report of treatment outcomes among HIV-infected MDR-TB patients in India.
- Adverse events among HIV/MDR-TB co-infected patients receiving antiretroviral and second line anti-TB treatment in Mumbai, India.
- Authors: Isaakidis P, Varghese B, Mansoor H, Cox HS, Ladomirska J, Saranchuk P, Da Silva E, Khan S, Paryani R, Udwadia Z, Migliori GB, Sotgiu G, Reid T
- Issue date: 2012
- Ocular inflammatory disease and ocular tuberculosis in a cohort of patients co-infected with HIV and multidrug-resistant tuberculosis in Mumbai, India: a cross-sectional study.
- Authors: Mehta S, Mansoor H, Khan S, Saranchuk P, Isaakidis P
- Issue date: 2013 May 20
- Poor outcomes in a cohort of HIV-infected adolescents undergoing treatment for multidrug-resistant tuberculosis in Mumbai, India.
- Authors: Isaakidis P, Paryani R, Khan S, Mansoor H, Manglani M, Valiyakath A, Saranchuk P, Furin J
- Issue date: 2013
- Revised Category II regimen as an alternative strategy for retreatment of Category I regimen failure and irregular treatment cases.
- Authors: Tabarsi P, Chitsaz E, Tabatabaei V, Baghaei P, Shamaei M, Farnia P, Marjani M, Kazempour M, Mansouri D, Masjedi MR, Velayati AA
- Issue date: 2011 Sep
- Ambulatory-based standardized therapy for multi-drug resistant tuberculosis: experience from Nepal, 2005-2006.
- Authors: Malla P, Kanitz EE, Akhtar M, Falzon D, Feldmann K, Gunneberg C, Jha SS, Maharjan B, Prasai MK, Shrestha B, Verma SC, Zignol M
- Issue date: 2009 Dec 23