Immunovirological response to combined antiretroviral therapy and drug resistance patterns in children: 1- and 2-year outcomes in rural Uganda.
Olson, David M
AffiliationClinical Research Department, Epicentre, Paris, France; Laboratory of Virology, Necker Hospital, Paris, France; Department of Operations, Médecins Sans Frontières, Arua, Uganda; Laboratory of Clinical Pharmacology, Bicêtre Hospital, Kremlin Bicêtre, France; Medical Department, Médecins Sans Frontières, Paris, France; Medical Department, Médecins Sans Frontières, New York, USA; Medical and Administrative Hospital Direction, Arua Regional Referral Hospital, Arua, Uganda
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractChildren living with HIV continue to be in urgent need of combined antiretroviral therapy (ART). Strategies to scale up and improve pediatric HIV care in resource-poor regions, especially in sub-Saharan Africa, require further research from these settings. We describe treatment outcomes in children treated in rural Uganda after 1 and 2 years of ART start.
- Drug resistance is widespread among children who receive long-term antiretroviral treatment at a rural Tanzanian hospital.
- Authors: Bratholm C, Johannessen A, Naman E, Gundersen SG, Kivuyo SL, Holberg-Petersen M, Ormaasen V, Bruun JN
- Issue date: 2010 Sep
- Extraordinary heterogeneity of virological outcomes in patients receiving highly antiretroviral therapy and monitored with the World Health Organization public health approach in sub-saharan Africa and southeast Asia.
- Authors: Aghokeng AF, Monleau M, Eymard-Duvernay S, Dagnra A, Kania D, Ngo-Giang-Huong N, Toni TD, Touré-Kane C, Truong LX, Delaporte E, Chaix ML, Peeters M, Ayouba A, ANRS 12186 Study Group.
- Issue date: 2014 Jan
- HIV-1 drug resistance mutations in children who failed non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor-based antiretroviral therapy.
- Authors: Sungkanuparph S, Apiwattanakul N, Thitithanyanont A, Chantratita W, Sirinavin S
- Issue date: 2009 Jan
- Antiretroviral treatment outcome following genotyping in Thai children who failed dual nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors.
- Authors: Bunupuradah T, Suntarattiwong P, Li A, Sirivichayakul S, Pancharoen C, Boonrak P, Puthanakit T, Kerr SJ, Ruxrungtham K, Chotpitayasunondh T, Hirschel B, Ananworanich J, HIV-NAT 013 Study Team.
- Issue date: 2010 Apr
- Risk factors for virological failure and subtherapeutic antiretroviral drug concentrations in HIV-positive adults treated in rural northwestern Uganda.
- Authors: Ahoua L, Guenther G, Pinoges L, Anguzu P, Chaix ML, Le Tiec C, Balkan S, Olson D, Olaro C, Pujades-Rodríguez M
- Issue date: 2009 Jun 3