Gender differences in immune reconstitution: a multicentric cohort analysis in sub-saharan Africa
AffiliationEpicentre, Médecins Sans Frontières, Paris, France; Hospices Civils de Lyon, Service de Biostatistique, Lyon, France; TransVIHMI, Montpellier, France; Université de Lyon, Lyon, France; Université Lyon I, Villeurbanne, France; 6 Laboratoire de Biométrie et Biologie Evolutive, Equipe Biostatistique Santé, Pierre-Bénite, France
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn sub-Saharan Africa, men living with HIV often start ART at more advanced stages of disease and have higher early mortality than women. We investigated gender difference in long-term immune reconstitution.
PublisherPublic Library of Science (PLoS)
- Characteristics and response to antiretroviral therapy of HIV-1-infected patients born in Africa and living in France.
- Authors: Breton G, Lewden C, Spire B, Salmon D, Brun-Vézinet F, Duong M, Allavena C, Leport C, Salamon R, APROCO COPILOTE ANRS CO8 Study Group.
- Issue date: 2007 Apr
- Prognostic value of virological and immunological responses after 6 months of antiretroviral treatment in adults with HIV-1 infection in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Authors: De Luca A, Marazzi MC, Mancinelli S, Ceffa S, Altan AM, Buonomo E, Prosperi MC, Pedruzzi B, Noorjehan AM, Scarcella P, Liotta G, Palombi L
- Issue date: 2012 Mar 1
- Characteristics, determinants, and clinical relevance of CD4 T cell recovery to <500 cells/microL in HIV type 1-infected individuals receiving potent antiretroviral therapy.
- Authors: Kaufmann GR, Furrer H, Ledergerber B, Perrin L, Opravil M, Vernazza P, Cavassini M, Bernasconi E, Rickenbach M, Hirschel B, Battegay M, Swiss HIV Cohort Study.
- Issue date: 2005 Aug 1
- Criteria for initiating highly active antiretroviral therapy and short-term immune response among HIV-1-infected patients in Côte d'Ivoire.
- Authors: Diabaté S, Alary M
- Issue date: 2009 Nov
- Adults receiving HIV care before the start of antiretroviral therapy in sub-Saharan Africa: patient outcomes and associated risk factors.
- Authors: Bastard M, Nicolay N, Szumilin E, Balkan S, Poulet E, Pujades-Rodriguez M
- Issue date: 2013 Dec 15