AuthorsAnakwe, R E B
AffiliationDepartment of Orthopaedic Surgery, Borders General Hospital, Melrose, Scotland, UK. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTraumatic aortic transection is an uncommon but often fatal injury. It is typically a high energy injury and may occur in the multiply injured patient. This injury is often missed. There is evidence that airbags and seat belts protect against these injuries. We present the case of a patient who survived.
- Traumatic occlusion of the thoracic aorta: case report and review of the literature.
- Authors: Schultz JM, Blizzard JD, Ravichandran PS, Slater MS
- Issue date: 2003 Jul
- Endovascular aortic stent graft repair for blunt traumatic thoracic aortic transection.
- Authors: Saleh A, Potemkowski A, Abu-Zidan FM
- Issue date: 2008 Oct
- Traumatic prepyloric transection: unusual injury in a child.
- Authors: Whyte LH, Soundappan SV, Harvey J, Cass DT
- Issue date: 2006 Feb
- Motor vehicle-related cardiac and aortic injuries differ from other thoracic injuries.
- Authors: Conroy C, Hoyt DB, Eastman AB, Holbrook TL, Pacyna S, Erwin S, Vaughan T, Sise M, Kennedy F, Velky T
- Issue date: 2007 Jun
- Submammary intercostal arterial injury treated with angioembolization: a case report.
- Authors: Mac New HG, Hyslop R, Bromberg W, Britt P
- Issue date: 2009 Jan