Clinical Manifestations of Kashin-Beck Disease in Nyemo Valley, Tibet.
AffiliationMédecins sans Frontières, Lhasa, Tibet Autonomous Region.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractClinical manifestations of Kashin-Beck disease have been studied in Central Tibet. Statistical analysis of physical signs allowed a definition of the clinical diagnosis and a scale for the functional severity for the disease to be drawn up. This classification is used for the assessment of patients who received palliative physical treatment. A group of 136 patients have been examined and their disabled joints classified according to pain, bony enlargement and restriction of movement. 57% were between 20 and 35 years of age. The patients mainly complained about their distal weightbearing joints. The clinical evolution of the disease is described from childhood to adult life.
- Kashin-Beck osteoarthropathy in rural Tibet in relation to selenium and iodine status.
- Authors: Moreno-Reyes R, Suetens C, Mathieu F, Begaux F, Zhu D, Rivera MT, Boelaert M, Nève J, Perlmutter N, Vanderpas J
- Issue date: 1998 Oct 15
- Selenium and iodine supplementation of rural Tibetan children affected by Kashin-Beck osteoarthropathy.
- Authors: Moreno-Reyes R, Mathieu F, Boelaert M, Begaux F, Suetens C, Rivera MT, Nève J, Perlmutter N, Vanderpas J
- Issue date: 2003 Jul
- Effect of calcium and vitamin D on growth, rickets and Kashin-Beck disease in 0- to 5-year-old children in a rural area of central Tibet.
- Authors: Rooze S, Mathieu F, Claus W, Yangzom T, Yangzom D, Goyens P, de Maertelaer V
- Issue date: 2016 Jun
- Anthropometry and clinical features of Kashin-Beck disease in central Tibet.
- Authors: Mathieu F, Begaux F, Suetens C, De Maertelaer V, Hinsenkamp M
- Issue date: 2001
- Kashin-Beck disease and iodine deficiency in Tibet.
- Authors: Moreno-Reyes R, Suetens C, Mathieu F, Begaux F, Zhu D, Rivera T, Boelaert M, Nève J, Perlmutter N, Vanderpas J
- Issue date: 2001