Anthropometry and Clinical Features of Kashin-Beck Disease in Central Tibet.
AffiliationMédecins Sans Frontières, Département Médical, Bruxelles, Belgium.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe compared two different populations living in central Tibet with the purpose of establishing standard values for different anthropometric parameters in a rural population. Later on, these values were used as references for a similar study on a KBD population. One group (KBD) (n=1,246) came from the endemic areas, and the other group, serving as the control population (n=815), came from non-endemic areas. Both groups included children and adults and were of the Mongoloid type; they were farmers or semi-nomads. Height, weight, segment length, joint perimeter, joint diameter, joint movement were recorded. Also more subjective information such as general feeling of tiredness, rapid fatigue at work, work limitation, joint pain, muscle weakness, muscular atrophy, dwarfism, flatfoot, and waddling gate was also collected. Those variables were compared between the two groups.
- Clinical features of Kashin-Beck disease in adults younger than 50 years of age during a low incidence period: severe elbow and knee lesions.
- Authors: Li Y, Zhou Z, Shen B, Yang J, Kang P, Yang X, Liu G, Pei F
- Issue date: 2013 Mar
- Effect of calcium and vitamin D on growth, rickets and Kashin-Beck disease in 0- to 5-year-old children in a rural area of central Tibet.
- Authors: Rooze S, Mathieu F, Claus W, Yangzom T, Yangzom D, Goyens P, de Maertelaer V
- Issue date: 2016 Jun
- Clinical manifestations of Kashin-Beck disease in Nyemo Valley, Tibet.
- Authors: Mathieu F, Begaux F, Lan ZY, Suetens C, Hinsenkamp M
- Issue date: 1997
- Hair Selenium Levels of School Children in Kashin-Beck Disease Endemic Areas in Tibet, China.
- Authors: Chen Z, Li H, Yang L, Wang W, Li Y, Gong H, Guo M, Nima C, Zhao S, Wang J, Ye B, Danzeng S, Deji Y
- Issue date: 2015 Nov
- Kashin-Beck osteoarthropathy in rural Tibet in relation to selenium and iodine status.
- Authors: Moreno-Reyes R, Suetens C, Mathieu F, Begaux F, Zhu D, Rivera MT, Boelaert M, Nève J, Perlmutter N, Vanderpas J
- Issue date: 1998 Oct 15