embCAB Sequence Variation Among Ethambutol-Resistant Mycobacterium Tuberculosis Isolates Without embB306 Mutation
Cox, H S
Karimovich, H A
AffiliationMolecular Mycobacteriology, Research Center Borstel, Germany; Macfarlane Burnet Institute for Medical Research and Public Health, Australia; Medecins Sans Frontieres, Uzbekistan; Ministry of Health, Uzbekistan; Medecins Sans Frontieres, Germany; Department of Pneumology, Medical School Hannover (MHH), Germany; National Reference Center for Mycobacteria, Research Center Borstel, Germany
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMechanisms of resistance to ethambutol in Mycobacterium tuberculosis remain inadequately described. Although there is mounting evidence that mutations of codon 306 in embB play a key role, a significant number of phenotypically ethambutol-resistant strains do not carry mutations in this codon. Here, other mutations in the embCAB operon are suggested to be involved in resistance development.
- Characteristics of embB mutations in multidrug-resistant Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolates in Henan, China.
- Authors: Shi D, Li L, Zhao Y, Jia Q, Li H, Coulter C, Jin Q, Zhu G
- Issue date: 2011 Oct
- emb nucleotide polymorphisms and the role of embB306 mutations in Mycobacterium tuberculosis resistance to ethambutol.
- Authors: Srivastava S, Ayyagari A, Dhole TN, Nyati KK, Dwivedi SK
- Issue date: 2009 Apr
- Analysis of embCAB mutations associated with ethambutol resistance in multidrug-resistant mycobacterium tuberculosis isolates from China.
- Authors: Zhao LL, Sun Q, Liu HC, Wu XC, Xiao TY, Zhao XQ, Li GL, Jiang Y, Zeng CY, Wan KL
- Issue date: 2015 Apr
- Frequency of embB codon 306 mutations in ethambutol-susceptible and -resistant clinical Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolates in Kuwait.
- Authors: Ahmad S, Jaber AA, Mokaddas E
- Issue date: 2007 Mar
- Minor contribution of mutations at iniA codon 501 and embC-embA intergenic region in ethambutol-resistant clinical Mycobacterium tuberculosis isolates in Kuwait.
- Authors: Jaber AA, Ahmad S, Mokaddas E
- Issue date: 2009 Jan 15