Recommendation for the management of crush victims in mass disasters.
MetadataShow full item record
Abstract"Recommendations for the management of crush victims in mass disasters" aims to assist medics, paramedics and rescue team members who provide care during disasters. Development of the recommendations followed an explicit process of literature review and, also internet and face-to-face discussions. The chapters cover medical and logistic measures, to be taken both at the disaster field and in the hospitals, to cope with the problems created by a catastrophe. Recommendations were based on retrospective analyses and case reports on past disasters, and also expert judgment or opinion. Since there are no randomized controlled trials, no GRADE approach was used to develop the recommendations, and no strengths of recommendations or levels of evidence are provided.
- Management of crush victims in mass disasters: highlights from recently published recommendations.
- Authors: Sever MS, Vanholder R
- Issue date: 2013 Feb
- Crush recommendations: a step forward in disaster nephrology.
- Authors: Vanholder R, Sever MS
- Issue date: 2012 Apr
- Disaster nephrology: crush injury and beyond.
- Authors: Gibney RT, Sever MS, Vanholder RC
- Issue date: 2014 May
- Wilcox Reply to Sever and Vanholder.
- Authors: Wilcox SR
- Issue date: 2015 Nov