AuthorsGuthmann, J P
Van Herp, M
AffiliationInstitut de Veille Sanitaire, Saint-Maurice, France. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
JournalEmerging Infectious Diseases
AbstractDeath rates exceeded emergency thresholds at 4 sites during epidemics of Plasmodium falciparum malaria in Burundi (2000-2001) and in Ethiopia (2003-2004). Deaths likely from malaria ranged from 1,000 to 8,900, depending on site, and accounted for 52% to 78% of total deaths. Earlier detection of malaria and better case management are needed.
- Malaria epidemics and interventions, Kenya, Burundi, southern Sudan, and Ethiopia, 1999-2004.
- Authors: Checchi F, Cox J, Balkan S, Tamrat A, Priotto G, Alberti KP, Guthmann JP
- Issue date: 2006 Oct
- Malaria, Burundi.
- Issue date: 2001 Jan 5
- Model variations in predicting incidence of Plasmodium falciparum malaria using 1998-2007 morbidity and meteorological data from south Ethiopia.
- Authors: Loha E, Lindtjørn B
- Issue date: 2010 Jun 16
- Bayesian modelling of the effect of climate on malaria in Burundi.
- Authors: Nkurunziza H, Gebhardt A, Pilz J
- Issue date: 2010 Apr 29
- Epidemiological features of severe paediatric malaria in north western Ethiopia.
- Authors: Seboxa T, Snow RW
- Issue date: 1997 Dec