AuthorsGuthmann, J P
Van Herp, M
AffiliationInstitut de Veille Sanitaire, Saint-Maurice, France. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
JournalEmerging Infectious Diseases
AbstractDeath rates exceeded emergency thresholds at 4 sites during epidemics of Plasmodium falciparum malaria in Burundi (2000-2001) and in Ethiopia (2003-2004). Deaths likely from malaria ranged from 1,000 to 8,900, depending on site, and accounted for 52% to 78% of total deaths. Earlier detection of malaria and better case management are needed.
- Malaria epidemics and interventions, Kenya, Burundi, southern Sudan, and Ethiopia, 1999-2004.
- Authors: Checchi F, Cox J, Balkan S, Tamrat A, Priotto G, Alberti KP, Guthmann JP
- Issue date: 2006 Oct
- Rising temperature and the malaria epidemic in Burundi.
- Authors: Bonora S, De Rosa FG, Boffito M, Di Perri G, Rossati A
- Issue date: 2001 Dec
- Spatial and temporal variations of malaria epidemic risk in Ethiopia: factors involved and implications.
- Authors: Abeku TA, van Oortmarssen GJ, Borsboom G, de Vlas SJ, Habbema JD
- Issue date: 2003 Aug
- Malaria, Burundi.
- Issue date: 2001 Jan 5
- Model variations in predicting incidence of Plasmodium falciparum malaria using 1998-2007 morbidity and meteorological data from south Ethiopia.
- Authors: Loha E, Lindtjørn B
- Issue date: 2010 Jun 16