New diagnostic tests for tuberculosis in southern countries: from theory to practice in Southern countries
AffiliationEpicentre, Médecins-Sans-Frontières, Geneva, Switzerland
MetadataShow full item record
JournalRevue des Maladies Respiratoires
AbstractTuberculosis (TB) is responsible of 1.7 millions of deaths per year worldwide. In high burden countries sputum smear-microscopy diagnoses only half of the cases of pulmonary TB. It is unlikely that a new test will replace smear-microscopy in peripheral services in the short term.
- [Mycobacterial tests].
- Authors: Takashima T, Higuchi T
- Issue date: 2008 Jan
- Novel multipurpose methodology for detection of mycobacteria in pulmonary and extrapulmonary specimens by smear microscopy, culture, and PCR.
- Authors: Chakravorty S, Tyagi JS
- Issue date: 2005 Jun
- Xpert MTB/RIF®, a novel automated polymerase chain reaction-based tool for the diagnosis of tuberculosis.
- Authors: Bowles EC, Freyée B, van Ingen J, Mulder B, Boeree MJ, van Soolingen D
- Issue date: 2011 Jul
- [Clinical utility of a commercial ligase chain-reaction kit for the diagnosis of pulmonary and extrapulmonary tuberculosis in the adult].
- Authors: Morcillo NS, Chirico MC, Trovero AC, Vignoles M, Dolmann AL
- Issue date: 2001 Oct-Dec
- Nucleic acid amplification tests for diagnosis of smear-negative TB in a high HIV-prevalence setting: a prospective cohort study.
- Authors: Davis JL, Huang L, Worodria W, Masur H, Cattamanchi A, Huber C, Miller C, Conville PS, Murray P, Kovacs JA
- Issue date: 2011 Jan 27