A qualitative investigation of adherence to nutritional therapy in malnourished adult AIDS patients in Kenya
AffiliationValid International, Oxford, UK; UCL Centre for International Health and Development, Institute of Child Health, London, UK; MSF-France, Nairobi, Kenya/Paris, France; Centre for Public Health, Kenya Medical Research Institute, KEMRI/CPHR, Nairobi, Kenya; Academy for Educational Development/Regional Office for Eastern and Central Africa, Nairobi, Kenya
MetadataShow full item record
JournalPublic Health Nutrition
AbstractTo understand factors affecting the compliance of malnourished, HIV-positive adults with a nutritional protocol using ready-to-use therapeutic food (RUTF; Plumpy'nut®).
PublisherCambridge University Press
- Acceptability of Two Ready-to-Use Therapeutic Foods by HIV-Positive Patients in Vietnam.
- Authors: Brown M, Nga TT, Hoang MA, Maalouf-Manasseh Z, Hammond W, Thuc TM, Minh TH, Hop TL, Berger J, Wieringa FT
- Issue date: 2015 Jun
- Development of a cross-over randomized trial method to determine the acceptability and safety of novel ready-to-use therapeutic foods.
- Authors: Dibari F, Bahwere P, Huerga H, Irena AH, Owino V, Collins S, Seal A
- Issue date: 2013 Jan
- A large-scale operational study of home-based therapy with ready-to-use therapeutic food in childhood malnutrition in Malawi.
- Authors: Linneman Z, Matilsky D, Ndekha M, Manary MJ, Maleta K, Manary MJ
- Issue date: 2007 Jul
- The impact of integrating food supplementation, nutritional education and HAART (Highly Active Antiretroviral Therapy) on the nutritional status of patients living with HIV/AIDS in Mozambique: results from the DREAM Programme.
- Authors: Scarcella P, Buonomo E, Zimba I, Doro Altan AM, Germano P, Palombi L, Marazzi MC
- Issue date: 2011 Jan-Feb
- Use of lipid-based nutrient supplements (LNS) to improve the nutrient adequacy of general food distribution rations for vulnerable sub-groups in emergency settings.
- Authors: Chaparro CM, Dewey KG
- Issue date: 2010 Jan