A qualitative investigation of adherence to nutritional therapy in malnourished adult AIDS patients in Kenya
AffiliationValid International, Oxford, UK; UCL Centre for International Health and Development, Institute of Child Health, London, UK; MSF-France, Nairobi, Kenya/Paris, France; Centre for Public Health, Kenya Medical Research Institute, KEMRI/CPHR, Nairobi, Kenya; Academy for Educational Development/Regional Office for Eastern and Central Africa, Nairobi, Kenya
MetadataShow full item record
JournalPublic Health Nutrition
AbstractTo understand factors affecting the compliance of malnourished, HIV-positive adults with a nutritional protocol using ready-to-use therapeutic food (RUTF; Plumpy'nut®).
PublisherCambridge University Press
- Acceptability of Two Ready-to-Use Therapeutic Foods by HIV-Positive Patients in Vietnam.
- Authors: Brown M, Nga TT, Hoang MA, Maalouf-Manasseh Z, Hammond W, Thuc TM, Minh TH, Hop TL, Berger J, Wieringa FT
- Issue date: 2015 Jun
- Effect of Short-Term Supplementation with Ready-to-Use Therapeutic Food or Micronutrients for Children after Illness for Prevention of Malnutrition: A Randomised Controlled Trial in Nigeria.
- Authors: van der Kam S, Salse-Ubach N, Roll S, Swarthout T, Gayton-Toyoshima S, Jiya NM, Matsumoto A, Shanks L
- Issue date: 2016 Feb
- Ready-to-use therapeutic food for home-based treatment of severe acute malnutrition in children from six months to five years of age.
- Authors: Schoonees A, Lombard M, Musekiwa A, Nel E, Volmink J
- Issue date: 2013 Jun 6
- Home-based therapy with ready-to-use therapeutic food is of benefit to malnourished, HIV-infected Malawian children.
- Authors: Ndekha MJ, Manary MJ, Ashorn P, Briend A
- Issue date: 2005 Feb
- Peanut-based ready-to-use therapeutic food: how acceptable and tolerated is it among malnourished pregnant and lactating women in Bangladesh?
- Authors: Ali E, Zachariah R, Shams Z, Manzi M, Akter T, Alders P, Allaouna M, Delchevalerie P, Harries AD
- Issue date: 2015 Oct