Liposomal amphotericin B for visceral leishmaniasis in human immunodeficiency virus-coinfected patients: 2-year treatment outcomes in Bihar, India
AuthorsSinha, Prabhat K
van Griensven, Johan
Palma, Pedro Pablo
AffiliationRajendra Memorial Research Institute of Medical Science, Patna, Bihar; Medecins Sans Frontieres–India, Operational Center Barcelona–Athens, New Delhi, India; Institute of Tropical Medicine, Antwerp, Belgium; Medecins Sans Frontieres, Medical Department, Operational Center Barcelona– Athens, Barcelona, Spain
MetadataShow full item record
JournalClinical Infectious Diseases : an official publication of the Infectious Diseases Society of America
AbstractReports on treatment outcomes of visceral leishmaniasis (VL)-human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) coinfection in India are lacking. To our knowledge, none have studied the efficacy of liposomal amphotericin B in VL-HIV coinfection. We report the 2-year treatment outcomes of VL-HIV-coinfected patients treated with liposomal amphotericin B followed by combination antiretroviral treatment (cART) in Bihar, India.
PublisherOxford University Press
- Combination Treatment for Visceral Leishmaniasis Patients Coinfected with Human Immunodeficiency Virus in India.
- Authors: Mahajan R, Das P, Isaakidis P, Sunyoto T, Sagili KD, Lima MA, Mitra G, Kumar D, Pandey K, Van Geertruyden JP, Boelaert M, Burza S
- Issue date: 2015 Oct 15
- Parasite susceptibility to amphotericin B in failures of treatment for visceral leishmaniasis in patients coinfected with HIV type 1 and Leishmania infantum.
- Authors: Lachaud L, Bourgeois N, Plourde M, Leprohon P, Bastien P, Ouellette M
- Issue date: 2009 Jan 15
- Five-year field results and long-term effectiveness of 20 mg/kg liposomal amphotericin B (Ambisome) for visceral leishmaniasis in Bihar, India.
- Authors: Burza S, Sinha PK, Mahajan R, Lima MA, Mitra G, Verma N, Balasegaram M, Das P
- Issue date: 2014
- Limited effectiveness of high-dose liposomal amphotericin B (AmBisome) for treatment of visceral leishmaniasis in an Ethiopian population with high HIV prevalence.
- Authors: Ritmeijer K, ter Horst R, Chane S, Aderie EM, Piening T, Collin SM, Davidson RN
- Issue date: 2011 Dec
- Liposomal amphotericin B for complicated visceral leishmaniasis (kala-azar) in eastern Sudan: how effective is treatment for this neglected disease?
- Authors: Salih NA, van Griensven J, Chappuis F, Antierens A, Mumina A, Hammam O, Boulle P, Alirol E, Alnour M, Elhag MS, Manzi M, Kizito W, Zachariah R
- Issue date: 2014 Feb