Very early anthropometric changes after antiretroviral therapy predict subsequent survival, in karonga, Malawi.
Glynn, Judith R
Crampin, Amelia C
Ngwira, Msenga Hc
AffiliationHospices Civils de Lyon, Service de Biostatistique, Lyon, F-69003, France; Université de Lyon, Lyon, F-69000, France; Université Lyon I, Villeurbanne, F-69100, France; CNRS UMR5558, Laboratoire de Biométrie et Biologie Evolutive, Equipe Biostatistique Santé, Pierre-Bénite, F-69310, France; Epicentre, Paris, France; London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, London, England; Karonga Prevention Study, Malawi; Karonga District Hospital, Karonga, Malawi; Africa Centre for Health and Population Studies, University of KwaZulu Natal, Mtubatuba, South Africa.
MetadataShow full item record
JournalThe Open AIDS Journal
AbstractAntiretroviral (ART) scale-up in Malawi has been achieved on a large scale based mainly on clinical criteria. Simple markers of prognosis are useful, and we investigated the value of very early anthropometric changes in predicting mortality.
- Assessment of simple risk markers for early mortality among HIV-infected patients in Guinea-Bissau: a cohort study.
- Authors: Oliveira I, Andersen A, Furtado A, Medina C, da Silva D, da Silva ZJ, Aaby P, Laursen AL, Wejse C, Eugen-Olsen J, Bissau HIV cohort study group.
- Issue date: 2012
- What happens to ART-eligible patients who do not start ART? Dropout between screening and ART initiation: a cohort study in Karonga, Malawi.
- Authors: McGrath N, Glynn JR, Saul J, Kranzer K, Jahn A, Mwaungulu F, Ngwira MH, Mvula H, Munthali F, Mwinuka V, Mwaungulu L, Fine PE, Crampin AC
- Issue date: 2010 Oct 12
- Clinical predictors cannot replace biological predictors in HIV-2 infection in a community setting in West Africa.
- Authors: Gourlay AJ, van Tienen C, Dave SS, Vincent T, Rowland-Jones SL, Glynn JR, Whittle HC, van der Loeff MF
- Issue date: 2012 May
- Adult mortality and probable cause of death in rural northern Malawi in the era of HIV treatment.
- Authors: Chihana M, Floyd S, Molesworth A, Crampin AC, Kayuni N, Price A, Zaba B, Jahn A, Mvula H, Dube A, Ngwira B, Glynn JR, French N
- Issue date: 2012 Aug
- Population-level reduction in adult mortality after extension of free anti-retroviral therapy provision into rural areas in northern Malawi.
- Authors: Floyd S, Molesworth A, Dube A, Banda E, Jahn A, Mwafulirwa C, Ngwira B, Branson K, Crampin AC, Zaba B, Glynn JR, French N
- Issue date: 2010 Oct 19