Gender differences in survival among adult patients starting antiretroviral therapy in South Africa: a multicentre cohort study.
Garone, Daniela Belen
Hoffmann, Christopher J
Johnson, Leigh F
AffiliationCentre for Infectious Disease Epidemiology & Research, School of Public Health & Family Medicine, University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa. email@example.com
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIncreased mortality among men on antiretroviral therapy (ART) has been documented but remains poorly understood. We examined the magnitude of and risk factors for gender differences in mortality on ART.
- Mortality in patients with HIV-1 infection starting antiretroviral therapy in South Africa, Europe, or North America: a collaborative analysis of prospective studies.
- Authors: Boulle A, Schomaker M, May MT, Hogg RS, Shepherd BE, Monge S, Keiser O, Lampe FC, Giddy J, Ndirangu J, Garone D, Fox M, Ingle SM, Reiss P, Dabis F, Costagliola D, Castagna A, Ehren K, Campbell C, Gill MJ, Saag M, Justice AC, Guest J, Crane HM, Egger M, Sterne JA
- Issue date: 2014 Sep
- Life expectancies of South African adults starting antiretroviral treatment: collaborative analysis of cohort studies.
- Authors: Johnson LF, Mossong J, Dorrington RE, Schomaker M, Hoffmann CJ, Keiser O, Fox MP, Wood R, Prozesky H, Giddy J, Garone DB, Cornell M, Egger M, Boulle A, International Epidemiologic Databases to Evaluate AIDS Southern Africa Collaboration.
- Issue date: 2013
- Twelve-year mortality in adults initiating antiretroviral therapy in South Africa.
- Authors: Cornell M, Johnson LF, Wood R, Tanser F, Fox MP, Prozesky H, Schomaker M, Egger M, Davies MA, Boulle A, International Epidemiology Databases to Evaluate AIDS-Southern Africa collaboration.
- Issue date: 2017 Sep 25
- Age in antiretroviral therapy programmes in South Africa: a retrospective, multicentre, observational cohort study.
- Authors: Cornell M, Johnson LF, Schomaker M, Tanser F, Maskew M, Wood R, Prozesky H, Giddy J, Stinson K, Egger M, Boulle A, Myer L, International Epidemiologic Databases to Evaluate AIDS-Southern Africa Collaboration.
- Issue date: 2015 Sep
- Poor CD4 recovery and risk of subsequent progression to AIDS or death despite viral suppression in a South African cohort.
- Authors: Takuva S, Maskew M, Brennan AT, Long L, Sanne I, Fox MP
- Issue date: 2014