The Effect of Complete Integration of HIV and TB Services on Time to Initiation of Antiretroviral Therapy: A Before-After Study.
Boulle, Andrew M
De Azevedo, Virginia
Van Cutsem, Gilles
AffiliationMédecins sans Frontières, Khayelitsha, Cape Town, South Africa; Centre for Infectious Disease Epidemiology and Research, School of Public Health and Family Medicine, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa; South African Medical Unit, Médecins sans Frontières, Johannesburg, South Africa; City of Cape Town, Health Directorate, Khayelitsha, South Africa.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractStudies have shown that early ART initiation in TB/HIV co-infected patients lowers mortality. One way to implement earlier ART commencement could be through integration of TB and HIV services, a more efficient model of care than separate, vertical programs. We present a model of full TB/HIV integration and estimate its effect on time to initiation of ART.
- Integrating HIV care and treatment into tuberculosis clinics in Lusaka, Zambia: results from a before-after quasi-experimental study.
- Authors: Herce ME, Morse J, Luhanga D, Harris J, Smith HJ, Besa S, Samungole G, Kancheya N, Muyoyeta M, Reid SE
- Issue date: 2018 Oct 26
- Prognostic significance of the interval between the initiation of antiretroviral therapy and the initiation of anti-tuberculosis treatment in HIV/tuberculosis-coinfected patients: results from the TREAT Asia HIV Observational Database.
- Authors: Han SH, Zhou J, Lee MP, Zhao H, Chen YM, Kumarasamy N, Pujari S, Lee C, Omar SF, Ditangco R, Phanuphak N, Kiertiburanakul S, Chaiwarith R, Merati TP, Yunihastuti E, Tanuma J, Saphonn V, Sohn AH, Choi JY, TREAT Asia HIV Observational Database.
- Issue date: 2014 Feb
- High uptake of antiretroviral therapy among HIV-positive TB patients receiving co-located services in Swaziland.
- Authors: Pathmanathan I, Pasipamire M, Pals S, Dokubo EK, Preko P, Ao T, Mazibuko S, Ongole J, Dhlamini T, Haumba S
- Issue date: 2018
- Delays in starting antiretroviral therapy in patients with HIV-associated tuberculosis accessing non-integrated clinical services in a South African township.
- Authors: Lawn SD, Campbell L, Kaplan R, Little F, Morrow C, Wood R, IeDEA-Southern Africa.
- Issue date: 2011 Sep 30
- Results of rapid and successful integration of HIV diagnosis and care into tuberculosis services in Benin.
- Authors: Ferroussier O, Dlodlo RA, Capo-Chichi D, Boillot F, Gninafon M, Trébucq A, Fujiwara PI
- Issue date: 2013 Nov