Response to antiretroviral therapy: improved survival associated with CD4 above 500 cells/μl.
AffiliationEpicentre, 8 rue saint Sabin, Paris, France; bHospices Civils de Lyon, Service de Biostatistique, cUniversite´ de Lyon, Lyon, France; Me´decins Sans Frontie`res, Paris, France.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe investigated the association between immune response and mortality in four HIV African programs supported by Médecins Sans Frontières.
- Survival benefit of initiating antiretroviral therapy in HIV-infected persons in different CD4+ cell strata.
- Authors: Palella FJ Jr, Deloria-Knoll M, Chmiel JS, Moorman AC, Wood KC, Greenberg AE, Holmberg SD, HIV Outpatient Study Investigators.
- Issue date: 2003 Apr 15
- Association between older age and adverse outcomes on antiretroviral therapy: a cohort analysis of programme data from nine countries.
- Authors: Greig J, Casas EC, O'Brien DP, Mills EJ, Ford N
- Issue date: 2012 Jul 31
- The prognostic value of baseline CD4(+) cell count beyond 6 months of antiretroviral therapy in HIV-positive patients in a resource-limited setting.
- Authors: Mills EJ, Bakanda C, Birungi J, Yaya S, Ford N, TASO-CAN Writing Group.
- Issue date: 2012 Jul 17
- Earlier initiation of antiretroviral therapy, increased tuberculosis case finding and reduced mortality in a setting of improved HIV care: a retrospective cohort study.
- Authors: Hermans SM, van Leth F, Manabe YC, Hoepelman AI, Lange JM, Kambugu A
- Issue date: 2012 Jul
- Similar mortality and reduced loss to follow-up in integrated compared with vertical programs providing antiretroviral treatment in sub-saharan Africa.
- Authors: Greig J, O'Brien DP, Ford N, Spelman T, Sabapathy K, Shanks L
- Issue date: 2012 Apr 15