Burden of visceral leishmaniasis in villages of eastern gedaref state, Sudan: an exhaustive cross-sectional survey.
AuthorsMueller, Yolanda Kathrin
Ahmed, Khalid A
Gorashi, Himida Ali
AffiliationEpicentre, Paris, France; Médecins Sans Frontières - Operational Centre Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland; Institute of Tropical Medicine, Antwerp, Belgium; Federal Ministry of Health, Khartoum, Sudan;Community Medicine Department, University of Gedaref, Gedaref, Sudan; Médecins Sans Frontières - Operational Centre Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Holland; Institut de Recherche pour le Développement (IRD), Montpellier, France; Médecins Sans Frontières - Operational Centre Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Holland.
MetadataShow full item record
JournalPLoS Neglected Tropical Diseases
AbstractSince December 2009, Médecins Sans Frontières has diagnosed and treated patients with visceral leishmaniasis (VL) in Tabarak Allah Hospital, eastern Gedaref State, one of the main endemic foci of VL in Sudan. A survey was conducted to estimate the VL incidence in villages around Tabarak Allah.
- Epidemiology and clinical manifestations of Leishmania donovani infection in two villages in an endemic area in eastern Sudan.
- Authors: Khalil EA, Zijlstra EE, Kager PA, El Hassan AM
- Issue date: 2002 Jan
- Leishmaniasis in Sudan. Visceral leishmaniasis.
- Authors: Zijlstra EE, el-Hassan AM
- Issue date: 2001 Apr
- The epidemic of visceral leishmaniasis in western Upper Nile, southern Sudan: course and impact from 1984 to 1994.
- Authors: Seaman J, Mercer AJ, Sondorp E
- Issue date: 1996 Aug
- Determinants of Visceral Leishmaniasis: A Case-Control Study in Gedaref State, Sudan.
- Authors: Nackers F, Mueller YK, Salih N, Elhag MS, Elbadawi ME, Hammam O, Mumina A, Atia AA, Etard JF, Ritmeijer K, Chappuis F
- Issue date: 2015 Nov
- Post Kala-Azar dermal leishmaniasis following treatment with 20 mg/kg liposomal amphotericin B (Ambisome) for primary visceral leishmaniasis in Bihar, India.
- Authors: Burza S, Sinha PK, Mahajan R, Sanz MG, Lima MA, Mitra G, Verma N, Das P
- Issue date: 2014