Cost and cost-effectiveness of switching from d4T or AZT to a TDF-based first-line regimen in a resource-limited setting in rural Lesotho
AffiliationMedecins Sans Frontieres, Morija, Lesotho; Department of Infectious and Tropical Diseases, Clinical Research Unit, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine, UK; Medecins Sans Frontieres, Cape Town, South Africa; Centre for Infectious Disease Epidemiology and Research, University of Cape Town, South Africa; Medecins Sans Frontieres, Geneva, Switzerland; Scott Hospital, Morija, Lesotho; Health Economics Unit, University of Cape Town, South Africa
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractLatest World Health Organization guidelines recommend shifting away from Stavudine (d4T)-based regimens due to severe side effects. However, widespread replacement of d4T by Tenofovir (TDF) or Zidovudine (AZT) is hampered by cost concerns.
PublisherLippincott Williams & Wilkins
DescriptionArticle approval pending
- Cost and cost-effectiveness of switching from stavudine to tenofovir in first-line antiretroviral regimens in South Africa.
- Authors: Rosen S, Long L, Fox M, Sanne I
- Issue date: 2008 Jul 1
- Comparison of tenofovir, zidovudine, or stavudine as part of first-line antiretroviral therapy in a resource-limited-setting: a cohort study.
- Authors: Velen K, Lewis JJ, Charalambous S, Grant AD, Churchyard GJ, Hoffmann CJ
- Issue date: 2013
- Cost-effectiveness of tenofovir as first-line antiretroviral therapy in India.
- Authors: Bender MA, Kumarasamy N, Mayer KH, Wang B, Walensky RP, Flanigan T, Schackman BR, Scott CA, Lu Z, Freedberg KA
- Issue date: 2010 Feb 1
- Rates of switching antiretroviral drugs in a primary care service in South Africa before and after introduction of tenofovir.
- Authors: Njuguna C, Orrell C, Kaplan R, Bekker LG, Wood R, Lawn SD
- Issue date: 2013
- Implementing a tenofovir-based first-line regimen in rural Lesotho: clinical outcomes and toxicities after two years.
- Authors: Bygrave H, Ford N, van Cutsem G, Hilderbrand K, Jouquet G, Goemaere E, Vlahakis N, Triviño L, Makakole L, Kranzer K
- Issue date: 2011 Mar 1