Peripartum infections and associated maternal mortality in rural Malawi
AffiliationThyolo District Health Office, Ministry of Health, Thyolo, Malawi; Medecins Sans Frontieres Operational Center Brussels, Brussels, Belgium; The Department of Medical Humanities, EMGO Institute for Health and Care Research, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands; The Department of Obstetrics, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands; Center for Infectious Disease Epidemiology and Research, University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa
MetadataShow full item record
JournalObstetrics and Gynecology
AbstractTo assess associations between maternal mortality and severe morbidity and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection, uptake of antiretroviral therapy, obstetric infections, and nonobstetric infections in a rural Malawian district, where the estimated HIV prevalence is 21%.
PublisherLippincott Williams & Wilkins
DescriptionArticle approval pending
- Effect of human immunodeficiency virus treatment on maternal mortality at a tertiary center in South Africa: a 5-year audit.
- Authors: Black V, Brooke S, Chersich MF
- Issue date: 2009 Aug
- Syphilis-associated perinatal and infant mortality in rural Malawi.
- Authors: McDermott J, Steketee R, Larsen S, Wirima J
- Issue date: 1993
- Hospitalizations of pregnant HIV-infected women in the USA prior to and during the era of HAART, 1994-2003.
- Authors: Kourtis AP, Bansil P, McPheeters M, Meikle SF, Posner SF, Jamieson DJ
- Issue date: 2006 Sep 11
- Prevalence of HIV-1 and oral lesions in pregnant women in rural Malawi.
- Authors: Muzyka BC, Kamwendo L, Mbweza E, Lopez NB, Glick M, Matheson PB, Kershbaumer R, Nyrienda T, Malamud D, Constantine NT, Thompson J, Nyasulu Y, Saville R, Berthold P
- Issue date: 2001 Jul
- Prevalence of low birthweight infants in HIV-infected women delivered in Rajavithi Hospital.
- Authors: Asavapiriyanont S, Kasiwat S
- Issue date: 2011 Mar