Six-Month Mortality among HIV-Infected Adults Presenting for Antiretroviral Therapy with Unexplained Weight Loss, Chronic Fever or Chronic Diarrhea in Malawi.
Authorsvan Lettow, Monique
Martiniuk, Alexandra L C
Chan, Adrienne K
Anderson, Suzanne T
Harries, Anthony D
Heyderman, Robert S
Bedell, Richard A
AffiliationDignitas International, Zomba, Malawi ; University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn sub-Saharan Africa, early mortality is high following initiation of antiretroviral therapy (ART). We investigated 6-month outcomes and factors associated with mortality in HIV-infected adults being assessed for ART initiation and presenting with weight loss, chronic fever or diarrhea, and with negative TB sputum microscopy.
- High prevalence of tuberculosis and serious bloodstream infections in ambulatory individuals presenting for antiretroviral therapy in Malawi.
- Authors: Bedell RA, Anderson ST, van Lettow M, Akesson A, Corbett EL, Kumwenda M, Chan AK, Heyderman RS, Zachariah R, Harries AD, Ramsay AR
- Issue date: 2012
- Predictive value of C-reactive protein for tuberculosis, bloodstream infection or death among HIV-infected individuals with chronic, non-specific symptoms and negative sputum smear microscopy.
- Authors: Bedell RA, van Lettow M, Meaney C, Corbett EL, Chan AK, Heyderman RS, Anderson ST, Åkesson A, Kumwenda M, Zachariah R, Harries AD, Ramsay AR
- Issue date: 2018 Mar
- Determinants of time to antiretroviral treatment initiation and subsequent mortality on treatment in a cohort in rural northern Malawi.
- Authors: Brown JP, Ngwira B, Tafatatha T, Crampin AC, French N, Koole O
- Issue date: 2016
- Outcomes and Diagnostic Processes in Outpatients with Presumptive Tuberculosis in Zomba District, Malawi.
- Authors: van Lettow M, Bedell R, Maosa S, Phiri K, Chan AK, Mwinjiwa E, Kwekwesa A, Kawonga H, Joshua M, Harries AD, van Oosterhout JJ
- Issue date: 2015
- Operationalizing early antiretroviral therapy in HIV-infected in-patients with opportunistic infections including tuberculosis.
- Authors: Sunpath H, Edwin C, Chelin N, Nadesan S, Maharaj R, Moosa Y, Smeaton L, Court R, Knight S, Gwyther E, Murphy RA
- Issue date: 2012 Jul