Feasibility of using teleradiology to improve tuberculosis screening and case management in a district hospital in Malawi.
AffiliationMédecins Sans Frontières, PO Box 219, Thyolo, Malawi. email@example.com
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMalawi has one of the world's highest rates of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection (10.6%), and southern Malawi, where Thyolo district is located, bears the highest burden in the country (14.5%). Tuberculosis, common among HIV-infected people, requires radiologic diagnosis, yet Malawi has no radiologists in public service. This hinders rapid and accurate diagnosis and increases morbidity and mortality.
- Providing universal access to antiretroviral therapy in Thyolo, Malawi through task shifting and decentralization of HIV/AIDS care.
- Authors: Bemelmans M, van den Akker T, Ford N, Philips M, Zachariah R, Harries A, Schouten E, Hermann K, Mwagomba B, Massaquoi M
- Issue date: 2010 Dec
- Acceptance of anti-retroviral therapy among patients infected with HIV and tuberculosis in rural Malawi is low and associated with cost of transport.
- Authors: Zachariah R, Harries AD, Manzi M, Gomani P, Teck R, Phillips M, Firmenich P
- Issue date: 2006 Dec 27
- Task sharing within a managed clinical network to improve child health in Malawi.
- Authors: O'Hare B, Phiri A, Lang HJ, Friesen H, Kennedy N, Kawaza K, Jana CE, Chirambo G, Mulwafu W, Heikens GT, Mipando M
- Issue date: 2015 Jul 21
- Using mobile clinics to deliver HIV testing and other basic health services in rural Malawi.
- Authors: Lindgren TG, Deutsch K, Schell E, Bvumbwe A, Hart KB, Laviwa J, Rankin SH
- Issue date: 2011
- Voluntary counselling, HIV testing and adjunctive cotrimoxazole are associated with improved TB treatment outcomes under routine conditions in Thyolo District, Malawi.
- Authors: Chimzizi R, Gausi F, Bwanali A, Mbalume D, Teck R, Gomani P, Zachariah R, Zuza W, Malombe R, Salaniponi FM, Harries AD
- Issue date: 2004 May