Similar mortality and reduced loss to follow-up in integrated compared with vertical programs providing antiretroviral treatment in sub-saharan Africa.
AffiliationManson Unit, Médecins sans Frontières, Saffron Hill, London, UK. email@example.com
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractVertical HIV programs have achieved good results but may not be feasible or appropriate in many resource-limited settings. Médecins sans Frontières has treated HIV in vertical programs since 2000 and over time integrated HIV treatment into general health care services using simplified protocols. We analyzed the survival probability among patients receiving antiretroviral therapy (ART) from 2003 to 2010 in integrated versus vertical programs in 9 countries in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Commentary on Greig et al, "Similar mortality and reduced loss to follow-up in integrated compared with vertical programs providing antiretroviral treatment in sub-Saharan Africa".
- Authors: Spira TJ, Ellerbrock TV
- Issue date: 2012 Apr 15
- Factors associated with attrition, mortality, and loss to follow up after antiretroviral therapy initiation: data from an HIV cohort study in India.
- Authors: Alvarez-Uria G, Naik PK, Pakam R, Midde M
- Issue date: 2013 Sep 12
- Pediatric Access and Continuity of HIV Care Before the Start of Antiretroviral Therapy in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Authors: Bastard M, Poulet E, Nicolay N, Szumilin E, Balkan S, Pujades-Rodriguez M
- Issue date: 2016 Sep
- High rates of loss to follow-up during the first year of pre-antiretroviral therapy for HIV patients at sites providing pre-ART care in Nigeria, 2004-2012.
- Authors: Agolory SG, Auld AF, Odafe S, Shiraishi RW, Dokubo EK, Swaminathan M, Dalhatu I, Onotu D, Abiri O, Debem H, Bashorun A, Ellerbrock TV
- Issue date: 2017
- Determinants of loss to follow-up among HIV positive patients receiving antiretroviral therapy in a test and treat setting: A retrospective cohort study in Masaka, Uganda.
- Authors: Kiwanuka J, Mukulu Waila J, Muhindo Kahungu M, Kitonsa J, Kiwanuka N
- Issue date: 2020