HIV and tuberculosis--science and implementation to turn the tide and reduce deaths.
AffiliationInternational Union Against Tuberculosis and Lung Disease, Paris, France. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractEvery year, HIV-associated tuberculosis (TB) deprives 350,000 mainly young people of productive and healthy lives.People die because TB is not diagnosed and treated in those with known HIV infection and HIV infection is not diagnosed in those with TB. Even in those in whom both HIV and TB are diagnosed and treated, this often happens far too late. These deficiencies can be addressed through the application of new scientific evidence and diagnostic tools.
- Authors: Bloom BR, Atun R, Cohen T, Dye C, Fraser H, Gomez GB, Knight G, Murray M, Nardell E, Rubin E, Salomon J, Vassall A, Volchenkov G, White R, Wilson D, Yadav P, Holmes KK, Bertozzi S, Bloom BR, Jha P
- Issue date: 2017 Nov 3
- Tuberculosis screening in high human immunodeficiency virus prevalence settings: turning promise into reality.
- Authors: Corbett EL, MacPherson P
- Issue date: 2013 Sep
- Prevention of tuberculosis in people living with HIV.
- Authors: Granich R, Akolo C, Gunneberg C, Getahun H, Williams P, Williams B
- Issue date: 2010 May 15
- The potential effects of changing HIV treatment policy on tuberculosis outcomes in South Africa: results from three tuberculosis-HIV transmission models.
- Authors: Pretorius C, Menzies NA, Chindelevitch L, Cohen T, Cori A, Eaton JW, Fraser C, Gopalappa C, Hallett TB, Salomon JA, Stover J, White RG, Dodd PJ
- Issue date: 2014 Jan
- Programmatic Evaluation of an Algorithm for Intensified Tuberculosis Case Finding and Isoniazid Preventive Therapy for People Living With HIV in Thailand and Vietnam.
- Authors: Cowger TL, Thai LH, Duong BD, Danyuttapolchai J, Kittimunkong S, Nhung NV, Nhan DT, Monkongdee P, Thoa CK, Khanh VT, Nateniyom S, Yen NTB, Ngoc DV, Thinh T, Whitehead S, Pevzner ES
- Issue date: 2017 Dec 15