A rapid screening tool for Psychological Distress in children 3-6 years old: results of a Validation Study
AffiliationEpicentre, 8 rue St Sabin, Paris F-75011, France. email@example.com
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe mental health needs of young children in humanitarian contexts often remain unaddressed. The lack of a validated, rapid and simple tool for screening combined with few mental health professionals able to accurately diagnose and provide appropriate care mean that young children remain without care. Here, we present the results of the principle cross-cultural validation of the "Psychological Screening for Young Children aged 3 to 6" (PSYCAa3-6). The PSYCa 3-6 is a simple scale for children 3 to 6 years old administered by non-specialists, to screen young children in crises and thereby refer them to care if needed.
- Screening for psychological difficulties in young children in crisis: complementary cross-cultural validation.
- Authors: Marquer C, Barry C, Mouchenik Y, Djibo DM, Manzo ML, Trujillo Maza EM, Githaiga S, Casas G, Kirubi BW, Marichez H, Falissard B, Moro MR, Grais RF
- Issue date: 2015 Nov
- [Trauma and resilience among children 3 to 6 years old in three neighborhoods of Port-au-Prince after the 2010 earthquake in Haiti].
- Authors: Mouchenik Y, Dauriac-Le Masson V, Marquer C, Marty-Chevreuil A, Georges R, Derivois D, Moro MR
- Issue date: 2017 Feb
- A screening tool for psychological difficulties in children aged 6 to 36 months: cross-cultural validation in Kenya, Cambodia and Uganda.
- Authors: Nackers F, Roederer T, Marquer C, Ashaba S, Maling S, Mwanga-Amumpaire J, Muny S, Sokeo C, Shom V, Palha M, Lefèbvre P, Kirubi BW, Kamidigo G, Falissard B, Moro MR, Grais RF
- Issue date: 2019 Apr 12
- Cross-cultural adaptation and psychometric properties of the Kessler Scale of Psychological Distress to a traumatic brain injury population in Swahili and the Tanzanian Setting.
- Authors: Vissoci JRN, Vaca SD, El-Gabri D, de Oliveira LP, Mvungi M, Mmbaga BT, Haglund M, Staton C
- Issue date: 2018 Jul 27
- Cross - cultural adaptation and preliminary validation of the Turkish version of the early childhood oral health impact scale among 5-6-year-old children.
- Authors: Peker K, Uysal Ö, Bermek G
- Issue date: 2011 Dec 22