Ready-to-use therapeutic food for Catch-up Growth in children after an episode of Plasmodium Falciparum Malaria: an open randomised controlled trial
Authorsvan der Kam, S
Sompwe, E M
AffiliationMédecins Sans Frontières, Amsterdam, The Netherlands. email@example.com
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractCatch-up growth after an infection is essential for children to maintain good nutritional status. To prevent malnutrition, WHO recommends that children are given one additional healthy meal per day during the 2 weeks after onset of illness. We investigated to what extent ready-to-use therapeutic food (RUTF) promotes catch-up growth in children after an acute, uncomplicated episode of Plasmodium falciparum malaria.
- Effect of Short-Term Supplementation with Ready-to-Use Therapeutic Food or Micronutrients for Children after Illness for Prevention of Malnutrition: A Randomised Controlled Trial in Nigeria.
- Authors: van der Kam S, Salse-Ubach N, Roll S, Swarthout T, Gayton-Toyoshima S, Jiya NM, Matsumoto A, Shanks L
- Issue date: 2016 Feb
- Cereals and pulse-based ready-to-use therapeutic food as an alternative to the standard milk- and peanut paste-based formulation for treating severe acute malnutrition: a noninferiority, individually randomized controlled efficacy clinical trial.
- Authors: Bahwere P, Balaluka B, Wells JC, Mbiribindi CN, Sadler K, Akomo P, Dramaix-Wilmet M, Collins S
- Issue date: 2016 Apr
- Acceptability and impact on anthropometry of a locally developed ready-to-use therapeutic food in pre-school children in Vietnam.
- Authors: Nga TT, Nguyen M, Mathisen R, Hoa do TB, Minh NH, Berger J, Wieringa FT
- Issue date: 2013 Aug 15
- Impact of reduced dose of ready-to-use therapeutic foods in children with uncomplicated severe acute malnutrition: A randomised non-inferiority trial in Burkina Faso.
- Authors: Kangas ST, Salpéteur C, Nikièma V, Talley L, Ritz C, Friis H, Briend A, Kaestel P
- Issue date: 2019 Aug
- Effect of Short-Term Supplementation with Ready-to-Use Therapeutic Food or Micronutrients for Children after Illness for Prevention of Malnutrition: A Randomised Controlled Trial in Uganda.
- Authors: van der Kam S, Roll S, Swarthout T, Edyegu-Otelu G, Matsumoto A, Kasujja FX, Casademont C, Shanks L, Salse-Ubach N
- Issue date: 2016 Feb