Effectiveness of Patient Adherence Groups as a model of care for stable patients on Antiretroviral Therapy in Khayelitsha, Cape Town, South Africa
AuthorsLuque-Fernandez, Miguel Angel
Van Cutsem, Gilles
Hernán, Miguel A
AffiliationCentre for Infectious Disease Epidemiology and Research, School of Public Health and Family Medicine, University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractInnovative models of care are required to cope with the ever-increasing number of patients on antiretroviral therapy in the most affected countries. This study, in Khayelitsha, South Africa, evaluates the effectiveness of a group-based model of care run predominantly by non-clinical staff in retaining patients in care and maintaining adherence.
- Long-term virologic responses to antiretroviral therapy among HIV-positive patients entering adherence clubs in Khayelitsha, Cape Town, South Africa: a longitudinal analysis.
- Authors: Kehoe K, Boulle A, Tsondai PR, Euvrard J, Davies MA, Cornell M
- Issue date: 2020 May
- The impact of community- versus clinic-based adherence clubs on loss from care and viral suppression for antiretroviral therapy patients: Findings from a pragmatic randomized controlled trial in South Africa.
- Authors: Hanrahan CF, Schwartz SR, Mudavanhu M, West NS, Mutunga L, Keyser V, Bassett J, Van Rie A
- Issue date: 2019 May
- Implementation and Operational Research: Community-Based Adherence Clubs for the Management of Stable Antiretroviral Therapy Patients in Cape Town, South Africa: A Cohort Study.
- Authors: Grimsrud A, Lesosky M, Kalombo C, Bekker LG, Myer L
- Issue date: 2016 Jan 1
- Patient experiences of ART adherence clubs in Khayelitsha and Gugulethu, Cape Town, South Africa: A qualitative study.
- Authors: Venables E, Towriss C, Rini Z, Nxiba X, Cassidy T, Tutu S, Grimsrud A, Myer L, Wilkinson L
- Issue date: 2019
- High rates of retention and viral suppression in the scale-up of antiretroviral therapy adherence clubs in Cape Town, South Africa.
- Authors: Tsondai PR, Wilkinson LS, Grimsrud A, Mdlalo PT, Ullauri A, Boulle A
- Issue date: 2017 Jul 21