Effectiveness of Patient Adherence Groups as a model of care for stable patients on Antiretroviral Therapy in Khayelitsha, Cape Town, South Africa
AuthorsLuque-Fernandez, Miguel Angel
Van Cutsem, Gilles
Hernán, Miguel A
AffiliationCentre for Infectious Disease Epidemiology and Research, School of Public Health and Family Medicine, University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractInnovative models of care are required to cope with the ever-increasing number of patients on antiretroviral therapy in the most affected countries. This study, in Khayelitsha, South Africa, evaluates the effectiveness of a group-based model of care run predominantly by non-clinical staff in retaining patients in care and maintaining adherence.
- Implementation and Operational Research: Community-Based Adherence Clubs for the Management of Stable Antiretroviral Therapy Patients in Cape Town, South Africa: A Cohort Study.
- Authors: Grimsrud A, Lesosky M, Kalombo C, Bekker LG, Myer L
- Issue date: 2016 Jan 1
- High rates of retention and viral suppression in the scale-up of antiretroviral therapy adherence clubs in Cape Town, South Africa.
- Authors: Tsondai PR, Wilkinson LS, Grimsrud A, Mdlalo PT, Ullauri A, Boulle A
- Issue date: 2017 Jul 21
- Initiating patients on antiretroviral therapy at CD4 cell counts above 200 cells/microl is associated with improved treatment outcomes in South Africa.
- Authors: Fox MP, Sanne IM, Conradie F, Zeinecker J, Orrell C, Ive P, Rassool M, Dehlinger M, van der Horst C, McIntyre J, Wood R
- Issue date: 2010 Aug 24
- Improved long-term antiretroviral treatment outcomes amongst patients receiving community-based adherence support in South Africa.
- Authors: Fatti G, Mothibi E, Shaikh N, Grimwood A
- Issue date: 2016 Nov
- Contemporary disengagement from antiretroviral therapy in Khayelitsha, South Africa: A cohort study.
- Authors: Kaplan SR, Oosthuizen C, Stinson K, Little F, Euvrard J, Schomaker M, Osler M, Hilderbrand K, Boulle A, Meintjes G
- Issue date: 2017 Nov