Hepple - Microscopy compared to culture for the diagnosis of Tuberculosis in Induced Sputum samples; a systematic review
AffiliationManson Unit, Médecins Sans Frontières, London, UK. email@example.com
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractResource-limited settings rely on sputum examination using microscopy to diagnose tuberculosis (TB); however, the sensitivity of the test is poor and case detection rates are low. Sputum induction is proposed as a way to improve sample collection and enhance test sensitivity.
- Intensified tuberculosis case-finding in HIV-positive adults managed at Ethiopian health centers: diagnostic yield of Xpert MTB/RIF compared with smear microscopy and liquid culture.
- Authors: Balcha TT, Sturegård E, Winqvist N, Skogmar S, Reepalu A, Jemal ZH, Tibesso G, Schön T, Björkman P
- Issue date: 2014
- Evaluation of Xpert® MTB/RIF Assay in Induced Sputum and Gastric Lavage Samples from Young Children with Suspected Tuberculosis from the MVA85A TB Vaccine Trial.
- Authors: Bunyasi EW, Tameris M, Geldenhuys H, Schmidt BM, Luabeya AK, Mulenga H, Scriba TJ, Hanekom WA, Mahomed H, McShane H, Hatherill M
- Issue date: 2015
- Xpert MTB/RIF assay for diagnosis of pulmonary tuberculosis in sputum specimens in remote health care facility.
- Authors: Geleta DA, Megerssa YC, Gudeta AN, Akalu GT, Debele MT, Tulu KD
- Issue date: 2015 Oct 19
- Use of the Xpert(®) MTB/RIF assay for diagnosing pulmonary tuberculosis comorbidity and multidrug-resistant TB in obstetrics and gynaecology inpatient wards at the University Teaching Hospital, Lusaka, Zambia.
- Authors: Bates M, Ahmed Y, Chilukutu L, Tembo J, Cheelo B, Sinyangwe S, Kapata N, Maeurer M, O'Grady J, Mwaba P, Zumla A
- Issue date: 2013 Sep
- Reassessment of the positive predictive value and specificity of Xpert MTB/RIF: a diagnostic accuracy study in the context of community-wide screening for tuberculosis.
- Authors: Ho J, Nguyen PTB, Nguyen TA, Tran KH, Van Nguyen S, Nguyen NV, Nguyen HB, Luu KB, Fox GJ, Marks GB
- Issue date: 2016 Sep