Viral Load Monitoring of Antiretroviral Therapy, cohort viral load and HIV transmission in Southern Africa: A Mathematical Modelling Analysis
Hallett, Timothy B
AffiliationInstitute of Social and Preventive Medicine, University of Bern, Switzerland.
MetadataShow full item record
JournalAIDS (London, England)
AbstractIn low-income settings, treatment failure is often identified using CD4 cell count monitoring. Consequently, patients remain on a failing regimen, resulting in a higher risk of transmission. We investigated the benefit of routine viral load monitoring for reducing HIV transmission.
- Viral load versus CD4⁺ monitoring and 5-year outcomes of antiretroviral therapy in HIV-positive children in Southern Africa: a cohort-based modelling study.
- Authors: Salazar-Vizcaya L, Keiser O, Karl Technau, Davies MA, Haas AD, Blaser N, Cox V, Eley B, Rabie H, Moultrie H, Giddy J, Wood R, Egger M, Estill J
- Issue date: 2014 Oct 23
- Monitoring and switching of first-line antiretroviral therapy in adult treatment cohorts in sub-Saharan Africa: collaborative analysis.
- Authors: Haas AD, Keiser O, Balestre E, Brown S, Bissagnene E, Chimbetete C, Dabis F, Davies MA, Hoffmann CJ, Oyaro P, Parkes-Ratanshi R, Reynolds SJ, Sikazwe I, Wools-Kaloustian K, Zannou DM, Wandeler G, Egger M, IeDEA southern Africa, east Africa, and west Africa.
- Issue date: 2015 Jul
- Evaluation of treatment outcomes for patients on first-line regimens in US President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) clinics in Uganda: predictors of virological and immunological response from RV288 analyses.
- Authors: Crawford KW, Wakabi S, Magala F, Kibuuka H, Liu M, Hamm TE
- Issue date: 2015 Feb
- Cost-effectiveness of point-of-care viral load monitoring of antiretroviral therapy in resource-limited settings: mathematical modelling study.
- Authors: Estill J, Egger M, Blaser N, Vizcaya LS, Garone D, Wood R, Campbell J, Hallett TB, Keiser O, IeDEA Southern Africa.
- Issue date: 2013 Jun 1
- HIV viral load response to antiretroviral therapy according to the baseline CD4 cell count and viral load.
- Authors: Phillips AN, Staszewski S, Weber R, Kirk O, Francioli P, Miller V, Vernazza P, Lundgren JD, Ledergerber B, Swiss HIV Cohort Study., Frakfurt HIV Clinic Cohort., EuroSIDA Study Group.
- Issue date: 2001 Nov 28