Short and long term retention in antiretroviral care in health facilities in rural Malawi and Zimbabwe.
AffiliationInstitute of Tropical Medicine, Nationale straat 155, Antwerpen 2000, Belgium. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
JournalBMC Health Services Research
AbstractDespite the successful scale-up of ART services over the past years, long term retention in ART care remains a major challenge, especially in high HIV prevalence and resource-limited settings. This study analysed the short (<12 months) and long (>12 months) term retention on ART in two ART programmes in Malawi (Thyolo district) and Zimbabwe (Buhera district).
- Retention and attrition during the preparation phase and after start of antiretroviral treatment in Thyolo, Malawi, and Kibera, Kenya: implications for programmes?
- Authors: Zachariah R, Tayler-Smith K, Manzi M, Massaquoi M, Mwagomba B, van Griensven J, van Engelgem I, Arnould L, Schouten EJ, Chimbwandira FM, Harries AD
- Issue date: 2011 Aug
- Patient retention and attrition on antiretroviral treatment at district level in rural Malawi.
- Authors: Massaquoi M, Zachariah R, Manzi M, Pasulani O, Misindi D, Mwagomba B, Bauernfeind A, Harries AD
- Issue date: 2009 Jun
- Retention in care during the first 3 years of antiretroviral therapy for women in Malawi's option B+ programme: an observational cohort study.
- Authors: Haas AD, Tenthani L, Msukwa MT, Tal K, Jahn A, Gadabu OJ, Spoerri A, Chimbwandira F, van Oosterhout JJ, Keiser O
- Issue date: 2016 Apr
- The Lablite project: a cross-sectional mapping survey of decentralized HIV service provision in Malawi, Uganda and Zimbabwe.
- Authors: Chan AK, Ford D, Namata H, Muzambi M, Nkhata MJ, Abongomera G, Mambule I, South A, Revill P, Grundy C, Mabugu T, Chiwaula L, Cataldo F, Hakim J, Seeley J, Kityo C, Reid A, Katabira E, Sodhi S, Gilks CF, Gibb DM, Lablite Team.
- Issue date: 2014 Aug 19
- Unacceptable attrition among WHO stages 1 and 2 patients in a hospital-based setting in rural Malawi: can we retain such patients within the general health system?
- Authors: Tayler-Smith K, Zachariah R, Massaquoi M, Manzi M, Pasulani O, van den Akker T, Bemelmans M, Bauernfeind A, Mwagomba B, Harries AD
- Issue date: 2010 May