Tuberculosis and the risk of opportunistic infections and cancers in HIV-infected patients starting ART in Southern Africa.
Reid, Stewart E
Fox, Matthew P
AffiliationInstitute of Social and Preventive Medicine (ISPM), University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTo investigate the incidence of selected opportunistic infections (OIs) and cancers and the role of a history of tuberculosis (TB) as a risk factor for developing these conditions in HIV-infected patients starting antiretroviral treatment (ART) in Southern Africa.
- The changing pattern of AIDS-defining illnesses with the introduction of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART)in a London clinic.
- Authors: Ives NJ, Gazzard BG, Easterbrook PJ
- Issue date: 2001 Feb
- The clinical burden of tuberculosis among human immunodeficiency virus-infected children in Western Kenya and the impact of combination antiretroviral treatment.
- Authors: Braitstein P, Nyandiko W, Vreeman R, Wools-Kaloustian K, Sang E, Musick B, Sidle J, Yiannoutsos C, Ayaya S, Carter EJ
- Issue date: 2009 Jul
- Short-term and long-term risk of tuberculosis associated with CD4 cell recovery during antiretroviral therapy in South Africa.
- Authors: Lawn SD, Myer L, Edwards D, Bekker LG, Wood R
- Issue date: 2009 Aug 24
- Low uptake of antiretroviral therapy after admission with human immunodeficiency virus and tuberculosis in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.
- Authors: Murphy RA, Sunpath H, Taha B, Kappagoda S, Maphasa KT, Kuritzkes DR, Smeaton L
- Issue date: 2010 Jul
- Incidence of tuberculosis among HIV infected individuals on long term antiretroviral therapy in private healthcare sector in Pune, Western India.
- Authors: Dravid A, Natarajan K, Medisetty M, Gawali R, Mahajan U, Kulkarni M, Saraf C, Ghanekar C, Kore S, Rathod N, Dravid M
- Issue date: 2019 Aug 13