What is the relationship of medical humanitarian organisations with mining and other extractive industries?
AffiliationUnité de Recherche sur les Enjeux et Pratiques Humanitaires, Médecins Sans Frontières, Genève, Switzerland. email@example.com
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPhilippe Calain discusses the health and environmental hazards of extractive industries like mining and explores the tensions that arise when medical humanitarian organizations are called to intervene in emergencies involving the extractive sector.
PublisherPublic Library of Science
- Health hazards in the coal and chemical industries.
- Authors: DAVIES CN
- Issue date: 1956 Jul 14
- Occupational health hazards in mining: an overview.
- Authors: Donoghue AM
- Issue date: 2004 Aug
- Human error and time of occurrence in hazardous material events in mining and manufacturing.
- Authors: Ruckart PZ, Burgess PA
- Issue date: 2007 Apr 11
- [Health hazards under ground].
- Authors: LJUNGGREN G, RYLANDER G, STRANDELL B
- Issue date: 1951 Oct 5