Can follow-up examination of tuberculosis patients be simplified? A study in Chhattisgarh, India
M V Kumar, A
Dewan, P K
Achuthan Nair, S
Van den Bergh, R
Enarson, D A
Deshpande, M R
AffiliationOffice of the World Health Organization Representative in India, WHO Country Office, New Delhi, India.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractEach follow-up during the course of tuberculosis treatment currently requires two sputum examinations. However, the incremental yield of the second sputum sample during follow-up of different types of tuberculosis patients has never been determined precisely.
PublisherPublic Library of Science
- Is one sputum specimen as good as two during follow-up cultures for monitoring multi drug resistant tuberculosis patients in India?
- Authors: Nagaraja SB, Kumar AM, Sachdeva KS, Ramachandran R, Satyanarayana S, Bansal A, Parmar M, Chadha S, Nair S, Kumar A, Hinderaker SG, Edginton M, Dewan PK
- Issue date: 2012
- Sputum smear microscopy at two months into continuation-phase: should it be done in all patients with sputum smear-positive tuberculosis?
- Authors: Gandhi MP, Kumar AM, Toshniwal MN, Reddy RH, Oeltmann JE, Nair SA, Satyanarayana S, Dewan PK, Mannan S
- Issue date: 2012
- Relationship between sputum smear grading and smear conversion rate and treatment outcome in the patients of pulmonary tuberculosis undergoing dots--a prospective cohort study.
- Authors: Tiwari S, Kumar A, Kapoor SK
- Issue date: 2012 Jul
- A pilot study of same day sputum smear examination, its feasibility and usefulness in diagnosis of pulmonary TB.
- Authors: Myneedu VP, Verma AK, Sharma PP, Behera D
- Issue date: 2011 Oct
- Increased yield of smear positive pulmonary TB cases by screening patients with > or =2 weeks cough, compared to > or =3 weeks and adequacy of 2 sputum smear examinations for diagnosis.
- Authors: Thomas A, Chandrasekaran V, Joseph P, Rao VB, Patil AB, Jain DK, Chowdhary D, Saibabu, Mahapatra S, Devi S, Wares F, Narayanan PR
- Issue date: 2008 Apr