Impact of malaria during pregnancy on pregnancy outcomes in a Ugandan prospective cohort with intensive malaria screening and prompt treatment
AuthorsDe Beaudrap, Pierre
White, Lisa J
Guérin, Philippe J
AffiliationEpicentre, Paris, France. email@example.com
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMalaria in pregnancy (MiP) is a major public health problem in endemic areas of sub-Saharan Africa and has important consequences on birth outcome. Because MiP is a complex phenomenon and malaria epidemiology is rapidly changing, additional evidence is still required to understand how best to control malaria. This study followed a prospective cohort of pregnant women who had access to intensive malaria screening and prompt treatment to identify factors associated with increased risk of MiP and to analyse how various characteristics of MiP affect delivery outcomes.
- Timing of malaria in pregnancy and impact on infant growth and morbidity: a cohort study in Uganda.
- Authors: De Beaudrap P, Turyakira E, Nabasumba C, Tumwebaze B, Piola P, Boum Ii Y, McGready R
- Issue date: 2016 Feb 16
- Placental and neonatal outcome in maternal malaria.
- Authors: Singh J, Soni D, Mishra D, Singh HP, Bijesh S
- Issue date: 2014 Apr
- Relationships between infection with Plasmodium falciparum during pregnancy, measures of placental malaria, and adverse birth outcomes.
- Authors: Kapisi J, Kakuru A, Jagannathan P, Muhindo MK, Natureeba P, Awori P, Nakalembe M, Ssekitoleko R, Olwoch P, Ategeka J, Nayebare P, Clark TD, Rizzuto G, Muehlenbachs A, Havlir DV, Kamya MR, Dorsey G, Gaw SL
- Issue date: 2017 Oct 5
- Clinical malaria diagnosis in pregnancy in relation to early perinatal mother-to-child transmission of HIV: a prospective cohort study.
- Authors: Ezeamama AE, Duggan C, Manji KP, Spiegelman D, Hertzmark E, Bosch RJ, Kupka R, Okuma JO, Kisenge R, Aboud S, Fawzi WW
- Issue date: 2014 May
- Malaria parasite infection during pregnancy and at delivery in mother, placenta, and newborn: efficacy of chloroquine and mefloquine in rural Malawi.
- Authors: Steketee RW, Wirima JJ, Slutsker L, Roberts JM, Khoromana CO, Heymann DL, Breman JG
- Issue date: 1996