Malaria is an uncommon cause of adult sepsis in south-western Uganda
AuthorsAuma, Mary A
Siedner, Mark J
Wilson, L Anthony
Moore, Christopher C
AffiliationDepartment of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases and International Health, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, USA. email@example.com.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMalaria is often considered a cause of adult sepsis in malaria endemic areas. However, diagnostic limitations can make distinction between malaria and other infections challenging. Therefore, the objective of this study was to determine the relative contribution of malaria to adult sepsis in south-western Uganda.
- Severity in Plasmodium vivax malaria claiming global vigilance and exploration--a tertiary care centre-based cohort study.
- Authors: Saravu K, Rishikesh K, Kamath A, Shastry AB
- Issue date: 2014 Aug 8
- A prospective comparative study of knowlesi, falciparum, and vivax malaria in Sabah, Malaysia: high proportion with severe disease from Plasmodium knowlesi and Plasmodium vivax but no mortality with early referral and artesunate therapy.
- Authors: Barber BE, William T, Grigg MJ, Menon J, Auburn S, Marfurt J, Anstey NM, Yeo TW
- Issue date: 2013 Feb
- Test characteristics of the SD FK80 Plasmodium falciparum/Plasmodium vivax malaria rapid diagnostic test in a non-endemic setting.
- Authors: Gillet P, van Dijk DP, Bottieau E, Cnops L, Van Esbroeck M, Jacobs J
- Issue date: 2009 Nov 22
- Survey for asymptomatic malaria cases in low transmission settings of Iran under elimination programme.
- Authors: Zoghi S, Mehrizi AA, Raeisi A, Haghdoost AA, Turki H, Safari R, Kahanali AA, Zakeri S
- Issue date: 2012 Apr 25
- Severe Plasmodium vivax malaria in Pakistan.
- Authors: Zubairi AB, Nizami S, Raza A, Mehraj V, Rasheed AF, Ghanchi NK, Khaled ZN, Beg MA
- Issue date: 2013 Nov