Measles outbreak in Northern Central African Republic 3 years after the last national immunization campaign
AffiliationInstitut Pasteur de Bangui, Bangui, Central African Republic.
MetadataShow full item record
JournalBMC Infectious Diseases
AbstractDespite huge efforts to promote widespread vaccination, measles remains an important cause of morbidity and mortality worldwide, especially in African children. In March 2011, an abnormally high number of cases were reported from the Ouham Prefecture, Central African Republic to the national measles case-based surveillance system. In response, reactive vaccination activities were implemented. The aims of this study were to investigate this outbreak and describe the response.
- Impact of a measles outbreak response immunization campaign: Maroua, Cameroon, 2009.
- Authors: Goodson JL, Sosler S, Pasi O, Johnson T, Kobella M, Monono ME, Uzicanin A
- Issue date: 2011 Jul
- Measles epidemiology and outbreak response immunization in a rural community in Peru.
- Authors: Sniadack DH, Moscoso B, Aguilar R, Heath J, Bellini W, Chiu MC
- Issue date: 1999
- Measles outbreak in South Africa: epidemiology of laboratory-confirmed measles cases and assessment of intervention, 2009-2011.
- Authors: Ntshoe GM, McAnerney JM, Archer BN, Smit SB, Harris BN, Tempia S, Mashele M, Singh B, Thomas J, Cengimbo A, Blumberg LH, Puren A, Moyes J, van den Heever J, Schoub BD, Cohen C
- Issue date: 2013
- Cocirculation of measles virus genotype B2 and B3.1 in Central African Republic during the 2000 measles epidemic.
- Authors: Gouandjika-Vasilache I, Waku-Kouomou D, Ménard D, Beyrand C, Guye F, Ngoay-Kossy JC, Sélekon B, Wild TF
- Issue date: 2006 Jul
- Measles outbreak in Qassim, Saudi Arabia 2007: epidemiology and evaluation of outbreak response.
- Authors: Jahan S, Al Saigul AM, Abu Baker MA, Alataya AO, Hamed SA
- Issue date: 2008 Dec