Monitoring of antiretroviral therapy and mortality in HIV programmes in Malawi, South Africa and Zambia: mathematical modelling study
Johnson, Leigh F
Stringer, Jeffrey S A
Hallett, Timothy B
AffiliationInstitute of Social and Preventive Medicine (ISPM), University of Bern, Bern, Switzerland. firstname.lastname@example.org
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractMortality in patients starting antiretroviral therapy (ART) is higher in Malawi and Zambia than in South Africa. We examined whether different monitoring of ART (viral load [VL] in South Africa and CD4 count in Malawi and Zambia) could explain this mortality difference.
PublisherPublic Library of Science
- Outcomes of antiretroviral treatment in programmes with and without routine viral load monitoring in Southern Africa.
- Authors: Keiser O, Chi BH, Gsponer T, Boulle A, Orrell C, Phiri S, Maxwell N, Maskew M, Prozesky H, Fox MP, Westfall A, Egger M, IeDEA Southern Africa Collaboration.
- Issue date: 2011 Sep 10
- Cost-effectiveness of point-of-care viral load monitoring of antiretroviral therapy in resource-limited settings: mathematical modelling study.
- Authors: Estill J, Egger M, Blaser N, Vizcaya LS, Garone D, Wood R, Campbell J, Hallett TB, Keiser O, IeDEA Southern Africa.
- Issue date: 2013 Jun 1
- The causal effect of switching to second-line ART in programmes without access to routine viral load monitoring.
- Authors: Gsponer T, Petersen M, Egger M, Phiri S, Maathuis MH, Boulle A, Musondad P, Tweya H, Peter K, Chi BH, Keiser O, IeDEA Southern Africa.
- Issue date: 2012 Jan 2
- Implementation and Operational Research: Risk Charts to Guide Targeted HIV-1 Viral Load Monitoring of ART: Development and Validation in Patients From Resource-Limited Settings.
- Authors: Koller M, Fatti G, Chi BH, Keiser O, Hoffmann CJ, Wood R, Prozesky H, Stinson K, Giddy J, Mutevedzi P, Fox MP, Law M, Boulle A, Egger M
- Issue date: 2015 Nov 1
- Superior virologic and treatment outcomes when viral load is measured at 3 months compared to 6 months on antiretroviral therapy.
- Authors: Kerschberger B, Boulle AM, Kranzer K, Hilderbrand K, Schomaker M, Coetzee D, Goemaere E, Van Cutsem G
- Issue date: 2015