Diagnosis of pulmonary tuberculosis in a pastoralist population in Ethiopia: are three sputum specimens needed?
AffiliationMedecins sans Frontieres - Medical Department (Operational research Unit/Operations), Operational centre Brussels, MSF, Luxembourg, Luxembourg. Mohammed.Khogali@gmail.com
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTo assess the number of sputum specimens necessary for a reliable diagnosis of pulmonary tuberculosis (PTB) in a pastoralist population in Ethiopia.
PublisherBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Audit of the practice of sputum smear examination for patients with suspected pulmonary tuberculosis in Fiji.
- Authors: Gounder S, Tayler-Smith K, Khogali M, Raikabula M, Harries AD
- Issue date: 2013 Jul
- Diagnostic value of repeated sputum examinations in pulmonary tuberculosis: how many sputum specimens are adequate?
- Authors: Yilmaz A, Bayram Selvi U, Damadoğlu E, Güngör S, Partal M, Akkaya E, Karagöz T
- Issue date: 2008
- How many sputum smears are necessary for case finding in pulmonary tuberculosis?
- Authors: Yassin MA, Cuevas LE
- Issue date: 2003 Oct
- How many sputum specimens are necessary to diagnose pulmonary tuberculosis?
- Authors: Leonard MK, Osterholt D, Kourbatova EV, Del Rio C, Wang W, Blumberg HM
- Issue date: 2005 Feb
- A one-day method for the diagnosis of pulmonary tuberculosis in rural Ethiopia.
- Authors: Cambanis A, Yassin MA, Ramsay A, Squire SB, Arbide I, Cuevas LE
- Issue date: 2006 Feb